Aurora Make Ahead Meals
Make Ahead Meals
Come to our House and make a meal for our families to enjoy at their own leisure! While we wish we could bring back full family dinners at our Houses, we are excited to try out a Make Ahead Meal volunteer opportunity. This opportunity involves preparing a meal for our families and then individually wrapping the meals to be placed in the refrigerators in our kitchens and/or in our freezers for our families to eat at a later time. This opportunity allows families to enjoy home-cooked meals safely and on their own time.
- This opportunity is currently offered on Tuesdays. Because of kitchen space availability, at the Aurora House, groups can come from 2 p.m.-5 p.m. At the Denver House, we have flexibility for any 3-hour time frame between 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Due to available space and current COVID-19 guidelines, we are only allowing groups of 2 at this time.
- All volunteers must be 14 years of age or older
- Volunteers must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We ask that you sign a waiver day-of stating you have received your vaccination. We do not need to see your vaccination card.
- RMHC-Denver does not accept volunteers looking to fulfill court ordered community service requirements and will not validate court sanctioned service hours.
- All health and hygiene protocols must be followed, including wearing gloves, face masks, and social distancing.
- The group is responsible for preparing a menu and bringing in all the food ingredients. RMHC will provide cookware, kitchen supplies and basics (gloves, cleaning supplies, paper towel, etc.) needed.
- All food must be prepared in our House, a commercial kitchen or packaged from a store.
- Once prepared, all meals need to be individually wrapped and packaged.
- To-go containers will be provided by RMHC; however, for items that can be put in Ziploc, donations are welcome.
- If possible, we would also encourage bringing individually wrapped cutlery.
- We ask for 50 individual meals; however, we will gladly accept as many or as few as you can make!
- Please clean up after yourselves and follow our cleaning instructions once you are finished with the meal prep.
We recommend foods that are easy to prepare in bulk and can be tailored to include vegetarian options.
- Mac and Cheese & pasta dishes
- Wraps, Soups and Salads
- Meat, Veggie, Starch
- Ethnic dishes: Enchiladas, stir fry, etc.
- Deserts: Brownies, cookies, bars, etc.
- Drinks (individual servings/bottles and unopened)
- Sides: fruit, bread, chips, veggies, etc.
How to Schedule:
- Choose a date on our online calendar and sign up!
- Once you sign up, Kiley will be in touch to gather more details, provide additional information about the volunteer opportunity and answer any questions you may have.
On Your Volunteer Day:
- Make sure everyone in your group is healthy, all volunteers must be completely illness/symptom free (cold, flu, fever, stomach virus, etc.)
- All volunteers must wear a face mask (regardless of vaccination status).
- When you arrive at the House, check in at the front desk. Everyone in your group must sign in and sign a day-of volunteer waiver. Carts/wagons are available for transporting food and supplies.
- Kiley or a Guest Services Associate (GSA) will assist you and orient you with the kitchen space.
- If you have any questions while cooking, please ask the volunteer/GSA at the front desk for help. They will be more than happy to assist you.
- Once you have finished preparing the food, please pack into individual to-go containers, label the containers, and place on a cart. RMHC staff will distribute the meals to each kitchen for families to enjoy.
- Once you are completely done with meal prep, please follow our cleaning instructions and clean the kitchen space and all kitchen tools and equipment used.
- If you would like a tour or any photos taken, feel free to ask the volunteer or Guest Services Associate!
Please contact Kiley Erlandson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-382-7221 for more information.
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Denver, Inc.
1300 E. 21st Avenue, Denver, CO 80205, US
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is to create, find and support programs that directly improve the health and well being of children.
Ronald McDonald House Charities, a non-profit, 501 (c) (3) corporation, creates, finds and supports programs that directly improve the health and well being of children. Its grassroots-driven programs offer help where children need it most - right in their own communities. RMHC makes an immediate, positive impact on children's lives through its global network of local Chapters in 52 countries and regions and its three core programs: the Ronald McDonald House, Ronald McDonald Family Room and Ronald McDonald Care Mobile. These programs provide a bridge to accessible health care and allow families more time together, which helps in the healing process. RMHC and its global network of local Chapters also have hundreds of millions of dollars in grants and program services to children's programs around the world.
Please note: We have two locations under RMHC-Denver, the Denver House and the Aurora House. Both houses have the same volunteer opportunities! RMHC-Denver does not accept volunteers looking to fulfill court ordered community service requirements and will not validate court sanctioned service hours.
Multiple locations Aurora, CO 80011
September 21, 2021
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Must be at least 14
- 3-4 hours
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Face masks required, regardless of vaccination status.