- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2nd and 3rd shift Client Support - Edison Child Care and Resource Center
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Volunteer Position: Edison Client Relations Support 2nd and 3rd Shifts
Department: Edison Child Care Center
Director: Family and Community Liaison
Position Hours: 2nd and 3rd Shifts. TIME SHIFTS ARE FLEXIBLE
MISSION STATEMENT: Eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Be Unforgettable! Let your multitasking skills shine in this highly valued front desk position. You will be unforgettable in the best way possible. Greet clients and kiddos during overnight shifts in a safe and secure building.
- Must be 18 years of age, or
- 17 years of age and currently in a vocation for Early Education
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of basic office skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of local assistance resources
- Tb Test required
- A Fingerprint Test may be required contingent upon volunteer hours
Child Care Licensing Rules:
R 400.8125 volunteer requirements. Rule 125. (1) All volunteers shall provide appropriate care and supervision of children at all times. (2) All volunteers shall act in a manner that is conducive to the welfare of children. (3) All supervised volunteers shall receive a public sex offender registry (PSOR) clearance before having any contact with a child in care. A copy of this clearance must be kept on file at the center. (4) A licensee shall have a written policy regarding screening and supervision of volunteers, including volunteers who are parents of a child in care. The policy must include a statement that any individual registered on the public sex offender registry (PSOR) is prohibited from having contact with any child in care. (5) A written statement must be signed and dated by volunteers before volunteering indicating all of the following information: (a) The individual is aware that abuse and neglect of children is against the law. (b) The individual has been informed of the center’s policies on child abuse and neglect. (c) The individual knows that all staff and volunteers are required by law to immediately report suspected abuse and neglect to children’s protective services. R 400.8128 Staff; volunteer; tuberculosis. Rule 128. A center shall keep on file at the center evidence to verify that each child care staff member and each volunteer who has contact with children at least 4 hours per week for more than 2 consecutive weeks is free from communicable tuberculosis (TB). Verification of TB status is required within 1 year before employment or volunteering. History: 2013 AACS; 2019 AACS. R 400.8131 Professional development requirements. Rule 131. (1) The center shall provide an orientation about the center’s policies and practices and these administrative rules.
Statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
- Be a ray of sunshine throughout the evening
- Greet clients and kiddos attending evening and overnight childcare
- Provide general administrative and clerical support as needed
- Direct calls with pleasant phone skills
- Safeguard confidential information gained because of the volunteer position
- Promote teamwork
- Provide support to YWCA staff
- Edison Resource Desk Training
- YWCA Children’s Center Orientation
- Volunteer Orientation.
- A volunteer handbook, Volunteer Job Description.
06:00 PM to 08:00 AM
Coverage needed for 2nd and 3rd shift. TIME SHIFTS ARE FLEXIBLE
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About YWCA OF KALAMAZOO
353 E. Michigan Avenue, 1155 Portage Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, US
YWCA Kalamazoo is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, stand up for social justice, help families, and strengthen communities.
YWCA Kalamazoo serves as a primary resource for economic, gender, and racial justice for all women and girls in Kalamazoo. We have been at the forefront of the most pressing social movements for more than 150 years- from voting rights to civil rights, from affordable housing to pay equity, from violence prevention to health care reform.
Today we combine programming and advocacy in order to generate institutional change in three key areas: racial justice, civil rights, empowerment and economic advancement of women and girls, and health and safety of women and girls
1101 Portage StreetEdison Child Care CenterKalamazooKalamazoo, MI 49001
September 21, 2021
- Child Care
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteers will need to cover 2nd and 3rd shift hours. This includes 6:00 pm to 8:00 am. Hours during this time are flexible.
- Possible TB and Fingerprint Tests