1 person is interested
Resource Hub - 2nd and 3rd Shift or Weekends at Edison Dreamery Center
ORGANIZATION: YWCA OF KALAMAZOO
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Volunteer Position: Front Desk Connector 2nd and 3rd shifts or Weekend Shifts
Department: Mission Impact
Program: Resource Hub
Leadership: Chief Operating Officer
Immediate Supervisor: Family and Community Liaison
Position Hours: Monday - Friday, 2nd and 3rd shifts, Weekends with flexible shifts and hours
Location: Resource Hub at The Dreamery at Edison
Mission Statement: Eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Primary Function: The Resource Hub is the first face and first voice people see and hear when they visit the Edison Child Care Center. You are the person who greets guests and connects them with the services they need. You are the first impression of YWCA and you help set the tone for others to have a great day.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have knowledge of basic office skills
- Must be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Must have knowledge of local community resources (Training provided)
Statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Be positive and welcoming to community members
- Greet guests and direct them to the appropriate location or person
- Provide community members with requested information on community resources
- Provide general administrative and clerical support
- Direct phone calls in a pleasant and professional manner
- Safeguard confidential information gained as a result of the volunteer position
- Promote teamwork
- Provide support to YWCA staff
Position and Training Requirements:
- YWCA Training
- Racial Justice Training
- Current TB Test and Fingerprinting. YWCA will pay for both tests.
06:00 PM to 08:00 AM
Coverage needed for 2nd and 3rd shift. TIME SHIFTS ARE FLEXIBLE
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About YWCA OF KALAMAZOO
353 E. Michigan Avenue, 1155 Portage Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, US
YWCA Kalamazoo is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, stand up for social justice, help families, and strengthen communities.
YWCA Kalamazoo serves as a primary resource for economic, gender, and racial justice for all women and girls in Kalamazoo. We have been at the forefront of the most pressing social movements for more than 150 years- from voting rights to civil rights, from affordable housing to pay equity, from violence prevention to health care reform.
Today we combine programming and advocacy in order to generate institutional change in three key areas: racial justice, civil rights, empowerment and economic advancement of women and girls, and health and safety of women and girls
1101 Portage StreetEdison Child Care CenterKalamazooKalamazoo, MI 49001
June 20, 2023
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers will need to cover 2nd and 3rd shift hours. Hours during this time are flexible.
- TB Test may be required if you volunteer for 4+ hours per week and for two consecutive weeks. YWCA covers the cost of the test.