Marketing Intern/Volunteer (Unpaid)
The Water Conservation Garden is a nonprofit organization with the mission to educate and inspire through excellent exhibits and programs that promote water conservation and the sustainable use of related natural resources The Water Conservation Garden has nearly six acres of displays that showcase water conservation through a series of beautiful, themed gardens, such as a native plant garden and a vegetable garden, as well as how-to displays such as mulch and irrigation exhibits. The Garden also features a native butterfly pavilion that is open spring and summer each year.
We are seeking a Marketing Intern who can work closely with our marketing coordinator. We are a small nonprofit looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to assist with marketing and communications through web content management, online promotions, calendaring, and photography/videography. This internship is an excellent opportunity for students or recent graduates who are interested in nonprofits and marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft and schedule content to be broadcasted through the organization’s social media
platforms, print and digital newsletter, website
- Assist with the creation of marketing materials in collaboration with The Garden’s marketing coordinator (e.g. flyers, reports, email templates, e-blasts)
- Market the organization’s programs through online calendar listing websites
- Print or pick-up flyers/banners/A-frames and post them around The Garden
- Assist with collecting, writing and editing testimonials
- Drafting media releases and general talking points for senior staff
- Collect marketing resources, including photos, statistics and video clips
- Coordinate photography, which may include taking photos during events/workshops
- Organize photo database on Flickr
- Attend events to promote The Garden and its membership program
- Provide general office support, as needed
- Strong and clear writing and oral communication
- Ability to follow directions and positively respond to feedback
- Strong attention to
- Able to visit The Garden to take photos and videos
- Results-oriented, conversation
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites, MS Office
- Ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous
- Experience with content management, social media and/or web content management a plus.
- Friendly and approachable with positive
- Respect for
- Interest in the nonprofits, marketing and environmental
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- This internship provides training and career development in a professional environment with the Development
- 10-20 hours per week 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday - Friday (flex-time available).
- 6-12 month
- The schedule is flexible with occasional weekend
- Many tasks can be performed virtually
- This is an unpaid internship.
- Family Membership to The Water Conservation Garden
- Two free guest passes for friends or family
- Reciprocal entry to 300+ botanic gardens worldwide
- 10-15% discounts at select nurseries
- Free coffee or tea when onsite
- Free yoga classes
- Access to educational workshops
- A beautiful work environment in a 6-acre garden
Please send your resume and cover letter to Marketing Coordinator, Ria Custodio firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About The Water Conservation Garden
12122 Cuyamaca College Dr W, El Cajon, CA 92019, US
The mission of The Water Conservation Garden is to educate and inspire through excellent exhibits and programs that promote water conservation and the sustainable use of related natural resources.
The Water Conservation Garden has nearly six acres of displays that showcase water conservation through a series of beautiful themed gardens, such as a native plant garden and a vegetable garden, as well as how-to displays such as mulch and irrigation exhibits. The Garden also features a native butterfly pavilion that is open spring and summer each year. Please visit our Exhibits page for more information.
Admission is free, and the Garden can be viewed on a self-guided tour, with a group or through one of our FREE docent-led Garden tours every Saturday at 10:00am
The Garden offers many programs and services including:
- Classes and Workshops (four to six per month) on topics such as art, water-wise gardening, landscaping and even how to make cheese!
- Ms. Smarty-Plants(tm) Youth Education Program
- School tours by appointment
- Large group tours by appointment
- Landscape design consultations by appointment
- Large events such as festivals and plant sales throughout the year featuring family-friendly activities
- Hosted events such as fundraisers, wedding and other ceremonies
- Gift shop with a wide range of unique items including books, candles, jewelry, garden artwork and much more!
12122 Cuyamaca College Dr WestEL CAJON, CA 92019
September 20, 2021