1 person is interested
Development Intern/Volunteer (Unpaid)
1 person is interested
The Water Conservation Garden is a nonprofit organization with the mission to inspire positive change in our living environment, and conservation of natural resources. Through a series of beautiful gardens, how-to displays, events, youth programs, public classes, and scenic tours, The Garden is both gathering place and education hub for the community.
We are seeking a Development Intern who can work closely with our development department. We are a small nonprofit looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to assist our development department in data entry, gift acknowledgements, note taking and social media. This internship is an excellent opportunity for students or recent graduates who are interested in non-profits, fundraising or marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter donations, memberships and prospects into donor database (Salesforce).
- Mail gift acknowledgements for sponsors, foundations, individuals and in-kind gifts.
- Assist with grant writing, proposal preparations, newsletter development, social media content development and other writing assignments.
- Conduct grant research and donor prospect research.
- Taking notes during meetings.
- Provide general office support, as needed.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional phone etiquette.
- Comfortable with soliciting donations.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous tasks.
- Experience with content creation and/or website management a plus.
Important Personal Traits
- Professional attitude.
- Friendly and approachable with positive attitude.
- Respect for diversity.
- Interest in the nonprofits and environmental work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- This internship provides training and career development in a professional environment with the Development Department.
- 10-20 hours per week 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday - Friday.
- 6-12 month commitment.
- The schedule is flexible with occasional weekend activities.
- Partially remote, partially onsite.
This is an unpaid internship.
- Family Membership to The Water Conservation Garden
- Two free guest passes for friends or family
- Reciprocal entry to 300+ botanic gardens worldwide
- 10-15% discounts at select nurseries
- Free coffee or tea when onsite
- Free yoga classes
- Access to educational workshops
- A beautiful work environment in a 6-acre garden
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About The Water Conservation Garden
12122 Cuyamaca College Dr W, El Cajon, CA 92019, US
The mission of The Water Conservation Garden is to educate and inspire through excellent exhibits and programs that promote water conservation and the sustainable use of related natural resources.
The Water Conservation Garden has nearly six acres of displays that showcase water conservation through a series of beautiful themed gardens, such as a native plant garden and a vegetable garden, as well as how-to displays such as mulch and irrigation exhibits. The Garden also features a native butterfly pavilion that is open spring and summer each year. Please visit our Exhibits page for more information.
Admission is free, and the Garden can be viewed on a self-guided tour, with a group or through one of our FREE docent-led Garden tours every Saturday at 10:00am
The Garden offers many programs and services including:
- Classes and Workshops (four to six per month) on topics such as art, water-wise gardening, landscaping and even how to make cheese!
- Ms. Smarty-Plants(tm) Youth Education Program
- School tours by appointment
- Large group tours by appointment
- Landscape design consultations by appointment
- Large events such as festivals and plant sales throughout the year featuring family-friendly activities
- Hosted events such as fundraisers, wedding and other ceremonies
- Gift shop with a wide range of unique items including books, candles, jewelry, garden artwork and much more!
12122 Cuyamaca College Dr WestEL CAJON, CA 92019
September 20, 2021