As Coordinator of the Toddlers you organize the lessons of the toddlers.
- Developing themes, preparing lessons, organizing corner work, thinking about group activities, etc.
- You help to make the timetables and divide the tasks of the team.
- Support with the organization of special events such as Christmas, birthdays, etc.
- Helping to keep the godparents informed of the children’s development.
- You help volunteers with their preparations and guide students during their internship.
- You support where necessary with administrative tasks.
- Beautiful accommodation with stunning views in the middle of the Andes mountains (24/7).
- One hot meal on weekdays.
- For the other meals: 400 soles/month.
- An unforgettable experience that you can and will cherish for the rest of your life.
- Heartwarming hugs from Peruvian children.
- People who will become friends for life and who will make you feel part
Oye LENA family.
- A safe environment where you can discover the culture and values of Peru.
- The opportunity to enrich yourself professionally.
- The opportunity to take more Spanish classes.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Oye LENA
Molle Molle s/n, Curahuasi, Abancay, Apurimac 03101, PE
Oye LENA tries to tackle poverty and social inequality through qualitative education. Every child has the right to qualitative education, focussed on personality development, regardless of their own capabilities and limitations and regardless of the place and culture in which they grow up.
Volunteering in an organisation in South America is a unique experience!
You will work in one or several educational projects within Oye LENA by mutual agreement:
- Oye NENE, an after-school nursery project
- Oye INTI WARMA, a school for special education
- Oye YACHAQ , an exchange between nursery schools
Oye LENA offers amongst other things:
- a Belgian contact person and 24/7 assistance when present on the project,
- reception, guidance and support during volunteering
- an opportunity to develop your professional skills,
- immersion in a new language and culture,
- optional Spanish lessons at the project,
- assistance with preparing your tours
You can stay in a private or shared room in the project building. The living room, kitchen and bathroom are shared. For prices, please contact us.
You should have a basic knowledge of Spanish before you arrive or follow a language course upon arrival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Minimum age of 18 years old.
You should stay at the project for at least 4 weeks. Of course you have the right to take a holiday.
Volunteers do not have to pay to work on the project. Airline tickets, vaccinations and travel insurance are at your own cost.
Molle Molle s/nCurahuasi, Abancay, Apurimac Peru
September 20, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Care
- Program Management
- Child Development
- Background Check
- For this position, it is important that you are active on the project for at least 10 months. The first month you will be guided by the previous responsible, the last month you will train the next coordinator.
- Speak English or Dutch and have a decent knowledge of Spanish. You can differentiate, remediate and respond to specific needs. You have good communication skills. You are a team player and can lead a team. You are flexible and independent.