Teacher for Babies and Toddlers
Target Staff Type For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support At least 21 years old
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Impart love and care to the missionary children who live temporarily or permanently at JAARS. Be a part of a child’s early life, showing Christ’s love to these children and their parents.
Provide a safe, developmentally appropriate and nurturing environment for two to eighteen-month-old children.
- Plan for the development of the whole child by choosing activities in all areas-social, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual
- Enable a positive learning environment by creative use of all available resources; plan opportunities to test ideas and practice new skills
- Provide a balanced program of quiet, sensory experiences and vigorous activities that stimulate their development
- Recognize and teach to each individual child’s needs and parents’ goals
- Assist children with activities of daily life (hand-washing, eating and restroom use)
- Create and maintain an attractive, well-kept, safe classroom that encourages children to create and explore; regularly clean and check over toys and equipment to see that they are functioning properly
- Supervise, train and guide assistant teachers and maintain staff-to-child ratios
- Document individual child’s needs, development, strengths and interests
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Have a high school degree or equivalent education
- Relate well with children; support, engage and provide age-appropriate instruction to infants and toddlers
- Availability and adequate energy to fulfill duties
- Work experience in church nurseries/schools, day camps or daycare settings preferred
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety and potential emergency situations
- Criminal background check, child safety interview, child safeguard review will be done and professional references required
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
September 18, 2021
- Child Care
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Background Check