DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Global Initiatives Regional Director
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote Preferably the JAARS Center, Waxhaw USA or in the assigned region overseas.
A Director is needed in each area of the Americas, the Pacific, Asia and Africa.
The Global Initiatives Regional Director (GI-RD) will report to and act in support of the VP of Global Initiatives (VP-GI) by overseeing the JAARS GI strategic partnerships, as well as engagement efforts (projects and programs) in the assigned region(s).
The GI-RD will be responsible to suggest, develop and implement a JAARS regional GI-Engagement strategy while considering regional current/future realities and JAARS partners' needs. The GI-RD role will act as the point of contact and subject matter expert concerning the assigned region’s political, spiritual, socio-economic, security and strategic ministry concerns.
- GI-RD will be responsible to hire, oversee and manage the JAARS GI-Regional Field Representative(s).
- Act as the point of contact and the up to date subject matter expert on all:
matters concerning the region’s needs as aligned with JAARS overall strategic goals, including political, spiritual, socio-economic, security, ministry-related issues
- JAARS projects and programmatic engagements as they relate to the specific region(s)*
- Listen and understand the regional geographic ministry context to increase JAARS’ understanding of current regional realities to inform and improve our strategies and collaborative efforts.
- Conduct regular trips into the region for continued networking, collaboration and partnership building with new entities, stakeholders and key contacts
- Assist VPGI in the development of regional, as well as, overall GI strategies and budgets within and compliant to the JAARS mission and management structure
- Identify, recruit, orient, manage and direct a local Regional GI-Field Representative; Act as local "boots on the ground" until that person is successfully selected, trained and launched
- Ensure that GI-Field Reps move their projects through the JAARS Field Projects/Programs approval process, realize timely implementation as well as ongoing appropriate reporting as outlined in the respective partnership agreements
- In collaboration with the GI-Field Rep, continuously identify and develop regional key relationships in the BT-Movement and beyond
- Stay abreast of current Mission related best practices, developments and localization realities
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Business or Ministry and a minimum of four years in business/ministry experience; Experience in mid-to-senior-level management preferred
- International experience required (minimum two years); Experience in a global Christian ministry setting, global/international assignment preferred (minimum two years)
- Mission sensitive and progressive strategic thinker with outstanding relational skills
- Cross cultural negotiation and relational skills (respectful, relational, deliberate) and the ability to develop relationships with senior management levels of partnering organizations
- Project management experience and a good understanding of financial systems and reporting
- A Team player, able and willing to mentor and develop new members on the team; Experience collaborating with other JAARS divisions, teams and individuals to achieve GI goals and objectives highly desirable
- Fluent communication skills in French written and verbal highly desired for the GI-RD Africa position
*Note: Initially may need to fulfill the role of overseeing one or more regions until final headcount needs are satisfied.
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 19, 2021
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Customer Service
- Program Management
- People 55+
- Background Check