2 people are interested
WE NEED YOU ! Recovery Client Care Program Service Associate Trainee - Riverside Impact NOW
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
The Recovery Services Client Care Program allows the Red Cross to rapidly meet disaster-caused needs by enabling clients to apply and receive financial assistance and/or community resources.
The Client Care Program Service Associate supports the recovery of disaster affected individuals, households, and communities by providing referrals, advocacy, and financial assistance through RC Care (case management system).
- Conduct Intake by interviewing the client and opening a case in RC Care
- Provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients.
- Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
- Provide Internal Referrals
- Provide Community Referrals
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy on request
- Use RC Care to document services according to the Client Care Program Standards and Procedures
- Services may be provided in person or virtually.
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (9 hours of training total)
- Willing and able to volunteer in person in before, during and/or after a disaster event
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment in which work priorities may change frequently
- Comfortable interacting with people from various diverse background whose lives have been disrupted and many are presenting immediate needs
- Kind, caring, resourceful and knowledgeable
- Comfortable learning new online case management systems
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Able to serve the client with care, comfort and concern
- Able to recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
- Ability to stand and/or sit for two-hour periods
- Ability to speak clearly on phone and in person
- Ability to work for long periods on computer and/or reading small print and/or writing
- Valid Driver’s License (required for Divisional and National Deployments)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Available to sign up for shifts on consecutive days (shifts may be 4, 8 or 12 hours long)
- Willing to complete 9 hours of virtual self-paced training required for position
- Ability to read, write, and follow verbal and written instructions in English
Training: We provide all the training!
See the Disaster Responder Training Requirements document for current training requirements.
Varies by disaster.
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR VETERAN COMMUNITY"
If interested in volunteering, please contact Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, Christopher Fielder at Christopher.Fielder@redcross.org or (951) 264-7730.
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
6235 River Crest DriveSuite ARiverside, CA 92507
November 3, 2022
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Disaster Response
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Varies by disaster.