WE NEED YOU !! Restoring Family Links Instructor - IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY NOW!!
RFL Instructors provide training in their divisions/regions to build capacity and knowledge around International Services and the global Red Cross Red Crescent mission. They are responsible for training Red Cross paid and volunteer staff in International Services related course content so that services can be provided in their local communities.
- Facilitate International Services courses, primarily focusing in the RFL Caseworker course, but including the RFL Outreach workshop, Fundamental Principles or other available International Services courses
- Teach the RFL Casework Course at least once a year, supporting your region and if possible neighboring regions.
- Updating training records in learning management system
- Stay up-to-date on Restoring Family Links program updates through participation in International Services conference calls and by receiving program email updates.
- Be a qualified instructor in another Red Cross course or have successfully completed the Basic Instructor Fundamentals Course or Instructor Specialty Course (Required)
- Be certified as a Restoring Family Links instructor by RFL Master Instructor (Required)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills (Required)
- Be available to teach the RFL Instructor Course when needed (Required)
- Be willing to keep up-to-date on RFL program updates through participation in RFL conference calls and email updates (Required)
- Have experience with RFL work in some capacity (casework, casework supervision, outreach/promotion of RFL activities, training) (Preferred)
- Have experience managing training events and an instructor roster (Preferred)
Complete the RFL Instructor course facilitated by RFL Master Instructor, having previously completed the RFL Caseworker course or experience providing casework in your community.
Preferably have previously completed other American Red Cross course in facilitation.
Training provided by the Red Cross, estimated 7-9 total hours. Complete training within 3 months.
- Commit 10 hours a month to plan, facilitate, report IHL outreach and classes.
- due to trainings requirements ,we seek volunteers able to spend at least a year with us. A minimum of 6 months would be acceptable for some scenarios.
- Presentation days/times will vary, commonly on a weekday during business hours, some weekends.
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR VETERAN COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
10600 N Trademark, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
10600 Trademark Pkwy N Ste. 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
September 16, 2021
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- Case Work / Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Commit 10 hours a month to plan, facilitate, report IHL outreach and classes. due to trainings requirements ,we seek volunteers able to spend at least a year with us. A minimum of 6 months would be acceptable for some scenarios.