1 person is interested
WE NEED YOU !! Restoring Family Links Caseworker - Riverside MAKE AN IMPACT NOW!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Purpose: This position supports the Regional International Services department.
Restoring Family Links Caseworkers provide services to people who have been separated from their family members in another country due to armed conflict, international migration, disasters, or other humanitarian emergencies.
RFL Caseworkers provide these services through delivering and collecting Red Cross Messages containing vital family news, conducting searches in their community to locate missing family members, speaking with clients to gather details to begin searching for their missing relatives, reaching out to community organizations and groups to inform them of Restoring Family Links Services, and providing appropriate referrals to other services a client may need.
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather the details to initiate a search for their loved ones.
- Search for missing relatives in your community through: reviewing and analyzing case details in the case management database, conducting home visits, speaking with community members, and contacting organizations serving refugees and migrants.
- Deliver Red Cross Family News Messages to clients from their relatives, as well as collect replies.
- Keep clients informed of the progress made on their cases.
- Deliver news to clients on the results of their search.
- Enter new case information and case updates into case management database accurately and thoroughly.
- Provide competent, high quality, and efficient casework services to clients while displaying empathy and adhering to the Fundamental Principals of the Red Cross as well as the program standards and guidance set forth by National Headquarters.
- Identify successful stories to promote RFL services
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submission of vaccine status and supporting documentation in Volunteer Connection if participating in in-person activities and/or performing work in a Red Cross facility.
- Desire to support the American Red Cross humanitarian mission through reconnecting separated families. (Required)
- Ability to work independently with diverse populations in a culturally competent manner, and to embody the Red Cross Fundamental Principals including Impartiality and Neutrality. (Required)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, and experience working in databases; coupled with excellent research skills and comfort using technology. (Required)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills. (Required)
- Excellent attention to detail. (Required)
- Experience working with, diverse communities including migrants and refugees. (Preferred)
Training outlined below is not a prerequisite and will be part of RFL onboarding.
- Orientation to the American Red Cross (online)
- Introduction to Restoring Family Links (online)
- Restoring Family Links Casework Course (online or in-class)
- FLAnswers database training modules (online)
- On-The-Job training and shadowing with an experienced RFL caseworker
- Psychological First Aid (online)
- The World of Red Cross and Red Crescent (online)
- Disaster Cycle Services introductio
- For 1-Year preferably,6months minimum if needed
- Commit 10 hours a month to plan, facilitate, report IHL outreach and classes.
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT!"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
6235 River Crest DriveSuite ARiverside, CA 92507
September 14, 2023
- General Education
- Office Management
- Adult Education
- Case Work / Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- For 1-Year preferably,6months minimum if needed Commit 10 hours a month to plan, facilitate, report IHL outreach and classes.