8 people are interested
Transport Team Volunteer - NYC
ORGANIZATION: Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Description: This position serves the important role of transporting animals to their new foster homes, to vet appointments, or rescue missions from a shelter. Our transport volunteers are some of our most important supporters because you’ll be one of the first friendly faces these animals see on their way to their new lives.
- Reports To: Intake and Medical Manager.
- Location: New York and various other locations throughout the Metro area, and between our shelter partners.
- Time Commitment: Approximately 2-5 hours weekly. Various lengths, ranging from short 30-60 min local hops to longer, interstate rescue transports.
- Provide safe and comfortable transportation for animals.
- Use of your own vehicle, valid driver’s license, and current insurance and registration.
- Reimbursements for tolls are available upon request (with receipt) or, cost is a tax-deductible donation to a 501(c)3.
- Larger interstate rescue transports may sometimes use the Louie’s Legacy vehicle instead.
- Animals should be double leashed, and you should be prepared to mitigate things such as fear, aggression, and flight risks.
Qualifications: Are you?
- A positive and professional teammate?
- An animal lover, committed to saving the lives of animals in need?
- An equally good people-person?
- An excellent communicator?
- Cool under pressure, able to calmly navigate high pressure situations?
- Experienced with animal behavior?
Physical requirements for events:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., carrying cages/kennels carefully.
- Heavier animals should be lifted with assistance.
- Working closely with animals to load and unload.
- If you have any physical limitations, please inform the Intake and Medical Manager.
If this sounds like you, please help Louie’s Legacy achieve our Vision to help rescue more animals, more efficiently, by working in a positive, professional and collaborative way with our community.
Important note - Must be over 18 years old to volunteer. All Louie’s Legacy volunteers with access to internal communications, financial information, or personally identifying information must also:
- Commit to demonstrating the values outlined in our Organizational Cultural Agreement.
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to maintain a safe and responsible relationship with our volunteers, donors, fosters, and adopters.
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue charity that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adoptive pet parents.
The story of Louie’s Legacy started in 2006 when our founder Emily met a Basset Hound mix with red fur and different colored eyes living at a shelter with a 99% euthanasia rate. Not long after bringing him home, Louie was diagnosed with heartworm disease. Some suggested taking him back to the shelter, but Emily refused. Louie was more than just a pet. He brought joy into her life and gave her something to care about and love outside of herself. And in the process of healing Louie, she found that he healed her too. Emily soon realized the overwhelming number of shelter animals whose lives were cut short. Louie could have easily been the same. Instead, he became an incredible catalyst for her mission and the inspiration for Louie’s Legacy. Since then, we've saved thousands of
animals and become one of the nation's largest foster-based rescues. Our goal is to save as many animals as possible and to expand our reach to help in even more areas, especially those that struggle with high populations of homeless and neglected animals.
In 2021, we saved the lives of more than 3,200 animals thanks to the generosity of our volunteers, fosters and donors.
469 West 39th StreetNew York, NY 10018
November 21, 2023
- Animal Care / Handling
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18