1 person is interested
West Pasco County Hospice Volunteers Needed: An Amazing Opportunity to Support Hospice Patients!
1 person is interested
Volunteers are vital members of the Seasons Hospice and Palliative care team. Whether you offer companionship and a listening ear to patients and family members, help with clerical work at our office or want to support virtually by making care calls, there’s a volunteer opportunity for everyone!
We are currently training for the following direct care positions:
- Music Companion and Spiritual Companion Volunteers-- do you have a musical talent or a skill for offering spiritual comfort to people? You can share that with patients and families.
- Vigil Volunteers-- offer your comfort and presence to the patient and family during the last hours of life.
- Namaste-- a specialized program for our dementia patients that uses light touch and sensory stimulation such as: aromatherapy, applying lotion to hands or face.
- Respite Volunteers-- offer a much-needed break to a family caregiver by making one-time, 2-4 hour long visits to patients while the caregiver takes some time for themselves.
- Legacy Volunteers-- visit patients in homes and assisted living facilities all over Pasco County. Put your creative/artistic skills to use in assisting patients with a legacy project or use your listening skills to offer companionship and support.
Other (indirect) volunteer opportunities include:
- Office Volunteers-- join us in our friendly Wesley Chapel office to assist with administrative work, Monday through Friday. Hours are flexible!
- Circle of Care Volunteers-- volunteer for 2 hours a week, on Thursday mornings, by making phone calls to a group of patients to "tuck them in" for the weekend and ensuring they have the supplies, medications, and support they need. Calls can be made from our office or your own home.
Fill out the application at http://www.seasons.org/page/Volunteering to get started!
About Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of Pasco
2644 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 104, Wesley Chapel, FL 33544, US
Our Mission: Honoring Life ~ Offering Hope. Our Vision is: to recognize that individuals and families are the true experts in their own care; support our staff so they can put our patients and families first; find creative solutions which add quality to life; strive for excellence beyond accepted standards; increase the community’s awareness of hospice as part of the continuum of care.
Giving Meaning to Every Minute
In every life situation we have a choice as to how we react. At no time is this more profound than in facing the end of life or the death of a loved one.
These months, days, weeks and moments can be among life’s most precious - and that is precisely the reason that Seasons Hospice exists. We will do everything in our power to ease pain and provide physical and emotional comfort and support for our patients and their families and friends.
2644 Cypress Ridge Blvd.Suite 104Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
September 16, 2021
- People 55+
- We are flexible!