2 people are interested
Sports and Fitness Volunteer
2 people are interested
Sports & Fitness Volunteers assist in planning and supervising all sports and recreation activities taking place in the Athletics Program. As a Sports &
Fitness Volunteer, you will also help oversee the weight room, gymnasium, dance studio, and outdoor sports fields.
Games Room volunteers assist in supervising youth by helping to implement creative, fun, and effective programs for children ages 8-18.
Responsibilities/Skills and experience relevant to this position:
● Keep children engaged and focused by utilizing learning games and other teaching techniques
● Work with youth on skills such as teamwork, communication skills, and appropriate behaviors
● Answer questions and give feedback to youth in an encouraging manner
● Monitor safety of youth, equipment, and materials
● Work with, provide feedback to, and address any concerns to Program Staff
● Be available on a consistent basis on the days/hours established at the beginning of volunteer service
● Help implement creative approaches to programming
● Partaking in games with the youth
● Instructing participants in the skills and techniques of the position played in the sport
● Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations on sports, recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment
● Assisting in demonstrating proper workout techniques in the weight room
● Setting up and breaking down all equipment throughout the day
● Keep accurate inventory of all equipment and report any broken equipment to manager
● Making sure the equipment room is kept clean and organized
● Staying up to date with current sports knowledge and coaching techniques
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER LOWELL
657 MIDDLESEX STREET, LOWELL, MA 01851, US
To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
With more than 100 years of history, the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell has been serving generations of the community’s youth as a safe place to learn and grow. We currently have over 300 club members, and we strive to help them develop into valued, impactful citizens within their community.
Currently, 21.5% of the Lowell population is in poverty, making Lowell the 16th most impoverished city in Massachusetts. In the 2015-2016 academic year, almost 20% of Lowell High School students did not graduate within 4 years.
The purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is to provide the youth of Lowell with a safe space to challenge themselves academically, engage with their peers, adopt healthy habits, and become valued members of society.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
September 15, 2021
- Sports Coaching
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Physical Education
- Fitness Instruction
- Outdoor Recreation
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monday-Friday between 2:00 PM & 8:00 PM - Must be available at least one day per week.