2 people are interested
Pay It Forward - Become a Mentor!
2 people are interested
Access Youth Academy is a nonprofit after-school program that serves low-income students from middle and high schools across San Diego County. Students enrolled in our program are trained in the sport of squash and are offered a variety of academic enrichment opportunities, including tutoring, academic check-ins, college advising support and more. Our mission is to provide the necessary resources for students to apply and graduate from a 4-year college/university. We accomplish this by empowering youth to excel through our program combining squash training, academic support, community service and mentorship.
Among many of our program features, mentorship is one of the most vital aspects of our program, which is why we are currently seeking experienced professionals to support our work by becoming a mentor. Our mission through our mentorship program is to offer our students meaningful mentoring relationships in order to support them in their personal development and pursuit of higher education.
Mentorship Program Mission and Vision: In alignment with the overall vision for our organization, we intend to provide Access Youth Academy students with individualized support by matching them with a qualified adult mentor who is committed to developing a lasting relationship while supporting them in their pursuit of a college degree. Based on experience and interests, mentors will be matched with Access Youth Academy students and will begin providing 1-on-1 support and accountability to the student they are paired with through monthly in-person meetings and biweekly phone calls or Zoom check-ins.
- Must be 18+ years old.
- Must be enrolled in a degree earning program OR have earned a college degree OR at least 3+ years of professional work experience with the ability to provide career insight and advice.
- Must have access to adequate transportation for monthly in-person check-ins.
- Must pass a background check.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about education and helping youth accomplish their goals
- Be committed to building healthy relationships with students and serving as a supportive mentor
- Demonstrate good leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrate an openness to the perspectives and experiences of the mentee
- Commit to monthly in-person meetings and biweekly virtual meetings (via telephone or Zoom) with mentee
- Commit to mentoring student(s) through high school completion
- Believe in the mission and vision of the mentorship program and Access Youth Academy as a whole
Becoming a mentor is a wonderful way to make a lasting impact in the lives of youth! For more information about this opportunity, please email Siarah Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About Access Youth Academy
704 Euclid Ave., San Diego, CA 92111, US
Access Youth Academy’s mission is to transform the lives of underserved youth through academic enrichment, health and wellness, social responsibility, and leadership development using the sport of squash as a catalyst. We believe every youth deserves equal access to educational and socio-economic opportunities for growth and advancement.
Access Youth Academy provides low income youth with a life changing opportunity. Our program teaches disadvantaged students to become proactive, contributing members of society through a holistic approach to youth development that includes individualized tutoring, squash coaching, and team building community service projects.
Through improved academics, increased community service, and program expansion, AYA will continue to provide marginalized youth populations in San Diego with the resources necessary to become productive citizens.
Make a difference by signing up to help today!
704 Euclid AvenueSan DiegoSan Diego, CA 92114
September 15, 2021
- Youth Services
- Life Coaching
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- There isn't a specified schedule for mentors other than monthly in-person meetings with mentees and biweekly virtual check-ins (via phone/text or Zoom) with mentees.