Fundraising Administration Volunteer - Baltimore, MD
Purpose: Assist with research and administrative projects that help fulfill fundraising needs and annual fundraising goal.
· Research potential donors including company's key contacts, charitable giving history, community
involvement, areas of giving and contact information.
· Identify relationships between prospects and potential board connections.
· Assist with gift processing, including daily gift log, bundling, and mailing gifts to processing center.
· Provide information to Fundraiser or Stewardship Volunteer for follow-up.
· Prepare PowerPoint deck presentations for corporate donors.
· Print and send outgoing donor communications, such as event mailings (invitations), disaster
solicitation mailings during national disaster, donor mailings for end-of-year solicitation, and postcards
to steward donors (examples include postcards for Turn and Test, for Thanksgiving, or holiday
· Provide general office assistance as related to development, including photocopying, as well as
assisting with projects and other duties as assigned.
· 6+ hours/week over 2 different business days (3 hours shift per day)
· One volunteer is needed for this role, in-person, at the Fairfax Office (8550 Arlington Blvd, Fairfax
· One volunteer is needed for this role, in-person, at the Baltimore Office (4700 Mt Hope Dr, Baltimore,
Main task is to process donor gifts, add to donor database and some admin duties
Need reliable transportation (offices are not on the Metro line)
· Passion for the Red Cross mission and the community
· Ability to work effectively as a member of the Red Cross team
· Knowledge of Red Cross structure, services policies, and procedures
· Knowledge and familiar with using research tools (example: Searching the internet to research donors)
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
· Well organized, responsible, trustworthy
· Attention to detail
· Able to work in a team
· Ability to multi-task
About American Red Cross - National Capital & Greater Chesapeake Region
4700 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to a service member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
4700 Mt. Hope Dr.Baltimore, MD 21215
September 20, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Market Research / Analysis
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6+ hours/week over 2 different business days (3 hours shift per day)