Philanthropy Manager (Volunteer/Remote)
If you're looking for additional experience, you should try working for a non-profit. At Abuse Refuge Org, we grant you every opportunity to further develop your skillsets, cross-train, lead and excel within your chosen vocation. This is a volunteer position; however, it will give you valuable work experience while helping to further our efforts of helping victims of abuse.
***This is a volunteer position that could convert to a full-time salaried position with benefits.***
Company Description: Abuse Refuge Org (ARO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). We focus our best efforts and practices to assist and help those abused by aiding in 10 major areas of abuse to include: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Child, Cyber, Spousal, Bullying, and Self-abuse.
- Oversee a growing team of Philanthropy Coordinators and Supervisors.
If you're looking to help make a difference, consider being a volunteer at Abuse Refuge Org (ARO) At Abuse Refuge Org, we grant you every opportunity to further develop your skillsets, cross-train, lead and excel within your chosen vocation." This is a volunteer position; however, it will give you valuable work experience while helping to further our efforts of helping victims of abuse. Abuse Refuge Org (ARO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). We focus our best efforts and practices to assist and help those abused by aiding in 10 major areas of abuse to include: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Child, Cyber, Spousal, Bullying, and Self-abuse. ARO is seeking an energetic Philanthropy Supervisor Volunteer with strong writing and communication skills that will be supporting our philanthropy team remotely. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who wants to be on the ground floor of something bigger than themselves and is a valuable experience that could lead to full time employment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads and manages all aspects of philanthropic giving at ARO.
- Planning and implementing a diversified fundraising plan.
- Provide a high level of support to the co-founders in relation to the strategic direction of the foundation.
- Develop and implement plans to meet giving targets.
- Manage a portfolio of existing donors ensuring the relationship remains strong with the organization.
- Accurately record information about, and communication with all prospective donors including research material, engagement plans and meeting reports.
- Managing a pipeline of prospective donors.
- Oversee a team of Philanthropy Coordinators and supervisors.
- Conduct research and summarize findings.
- Provide strategic advisement and support to prospective donors.
- Respond to emails and Slack notifications in a timely manner.
- Perform other appropriate tasks or duties as requested.
- Available to work 25+ hours/week.
- Have previous managerial experience.
- At least 7+ years in philanthropy, fundraising, or a related field.
- Be a self-starter with excellent time management skills.
- Possess a collaborative way of working.
- Behave professionally in manner and appearance.
- Be consistently organized and flexible.
- A team player with demonstrated experience working well with others.
- Competent experience in social media platforms and research.
- Ability to anticipate and critically think through problems.
Abuse Refuge Org is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We support the LGBTQ-IA+ community and the disabled communities.
About ABUSE REFUGE INC
470 Olde Worthington Road, Suite 200, Westerville, OH 43082, US
Abuse Refuge Org is poised to be the definitive leader in the Abuse Care Industry. Ours is to "Breathe Life". We strive to grant victims clarity of their past and the present as well as to the many and multiple Abused Victims so they can proceed with their futures "Scot Free" from their woes and their tortures. We advance these victims closer and closer towards recovery. We look at the whole person well being, protection, therapy, and outcome.
To penetrate and overwhelm every aspect, from recognition, treatment, staffing, and guidance within the Abuse Care Industry. Further, our goal is to standardize "Whole personal conceptual treatment" throughout the Abuse Care Industry and to further develop a recognized and respected path to wellness. Ours is not to reinvent the wheel rather identify the metrics, reorient the existing components and define an ameliorated journey towards recovery and wellness.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 13, 2021
- Donor Management
- Orientation or Training
- 25+ Hours/Week