3 people are interested
Math and Science Tutor for High School Students
3 people are interested
Volunteer Position: RESJ-Wrap Around Services (WAS) Academic Tutor
Project goal: The RESJ-WAS program provides racial equity and social justice-centered,
community-minded, culturally dynamic, multilingual/multicultural support to African, Asian,
Pacific Islander and Slavic Immigrant and Refugee families, caregivers, and students.
Position Summary: The RESJ WAS program seeks dedicated and responsible academic tutors to
support High School Immigrant and Refugee students with virtual academic tutoring at selected
schools in the Portland Public School District. An interview, orientation and background check
- Commitment to working with diverse populations and non-native English speakers
- Provide academic support to High School students in math and science
- Availability during evenings and afterschool hours
- Time commitment: Academic tutors must commit to working a minimum of 1-2 hours
per week for at least 8 weeks
- Age Requirement: 18 and over
All RESJ-WAS volunteer positions are remote/virtual opportunities at this time.
Please contact email@example.com to apply.
About Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO)
10301 NE Glisan St. Portland (Main Office), 4424 NE Glisan St. Portland (Asian Family Center), 631 NE 102nd Ave. Portland (Africa House), Portland, OR 97220, US
To promote the integration of refugees, immigrants, and the community at large into a self-sufficient, healthy and inclusive multi-ethnic society.
The Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO) is a non-profit organization established in 1976 to serve immigrants and refugees in Portland, Oregon. IRCO assists individuals and families successfully navigate their lives from cradle through career. IRCO provides programs and volunteer opportunities in the following areas:
- Employment Preparation and Literacy
- Employment Skills Training
- Employment Placement Services
- Youth Employment Services
- Family and Domestic Violence Services
- Youth Academic and Employment Services
- Senior Services
- Health Education and Advocacy
- Interpretation and Translation Services
- Community Development Services
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 9, 2021
- Math / Science Instruction
- Youth Services
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week.
- Minimum 8-week commitment