JD for Mentorship Coordinator
National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP)
This is a Virtual Volunteering Opportunity
Position Title: Mentorship Program Coordinator
Reports to: Mentorship Director
Open Positions: 1
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for a qualified professional to serve as the Project Coordinator to the Mentorship Program department. The ideal candidate brings strong organizational and project management skills with discernment, flexibility, and a passion for NAAHP’s mission.
The ideal candidate must be able to hit the ground running with the ability to adapt. He/she must be able to learn new systems and be open to feedback. Success in this position requires that you thrive in a startup organization with multiple projects, changing priorities and deadlines, and are able to effectively juggle, manage, and drive a variety of tasks/activities at once.
- Implement program policy and procedures for the recruitment and training of mentors and youth participants. ● Communicate with personnel and members in understanding the Mentoring Program goals and objectives, and enlist their support and involvement.
- Plan, organize and coordinate activities, including training, workshops, conferences, luncheons, assemblies, fundraising events.
- Conduct information gathering for the purpose of evaluating and adjusting program plan when necessary. ● Supervise program volunteers and provide assistance to all program participants.
- Speak before groups, conduct media interviews, and represent NAAHP in any and/or all community functions. ● Represent program on related committees.
- Monitor the annual budget, receipts, and disbursements staying within budget parameters, and provide timely corporate, federal, and state reports to the appropriate parties.
- Oversee communication, record, and documentation systems for an organization.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of AA/AS degree with 3 years related experience, Bachelor degree preferred
- Experience managing multiple high-priority projects
- Strong MS Office experience (i.e. reports, powerpoint presentations, etc.)
- Proven ability to multi-task with outstanding time management skills, demonstrated ability to execute on short-term, deadline-driven tasks, as well as important, long-term projects requiring collaboration ● Active problem solving and effective interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must be detail oriented
About National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP)
P.O. Box 5096, Hillside, NJ 07205, US
To connect, empower, and mobilize students and professionals in the Haitian diaspora, and to facilitate diaspora contributions to Haiti’s economic and social progress.
Founded in 2011, the National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization established by diverse group of forward-thinking industry experts, youth leaders, faculty, public and nonprofit sector professionals from Haiti and its global diaspora. NAAHP is focused on connecting a global community of peers with career advancement resources as well as fostering transformative relationships between NAAHP members and committed stakeholders to strengthen Haiti through philanthropy and social entrepreneurship.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 8, 2021