Hospice Residence Volunteer - Kalamazoo
Hospice volunteers help clients, families, and staff at Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan Rose Arbor by offering support to all those in the facility. Rose Arbor is an 18 bed Hospice Residence that provides 24/7 compassionate care to those with a prognosis of 30 days or less who need additional care and comfort. It takes the entire team to support the clients and their families in this end of life journey. Volunteers play a vital role in supporting the mission of the residence by providing compassionate care and amazing customer service. Great joy can be found in helping someone live life to its fullest; for as long as life lasts. Volunteers offer an array of services, including:
- Host: greet guest entering the facility, screening guests at the entrance per Covid guidelines, provide assistance in locating loved ones, assist with flower arrangements, assist staff with any necessary tasks.
- Laundry: assist staff with laundry for the facility. Come in either weekly or every other week to assist staff, so they can focus on client care.
- Companionship: spending one-on-one time with an individual at Rose Arbor, reading to them, talking about their life/family/interests or even providing quiet presence.
About Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan
7100 Stadium Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, US
Our Mission is to guide and support individuals and their caregivers coping with illness, aging, dying, and loss by providing compassionate medical, emotional, spiritual, and personal care.
Volunteers often say that working for Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan is much more than a job, it's a mission. And we are all partners in making a difference in the lives of our clients and their families.
Won't you join us? Volunteering your time you will be making an important difference in the lives of our clients and their families. We are only able to fulfill our mission of compassionate care for people coping with serious illness, with dying, and with loss because of individuals like you.
5473 Croyden AvenueKalamazoo, MI 49009
August 30, 2021
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 4 times per month
- TB Testing, Annual Flu Vaccination and Fingerprinting for a Criminal Background Check.