Space Planning Project Management
About Metropolitan Family Service:
MFS helps people move beyond the limitations of poverty, inequity and social isolation. Since 1950, MFS has delivered proven programs to help people succeed at home, in school, and in the community. MFS develops lasting solutions that bridge gaps, create equity and demonstrate respect and value for every person.
MFS has 95+ full-time employees, most of whom work across the metro community. They have staff at three small leased headquarter offices. The pandemic revealed the need for a larger space to accommodate a hybrid work environment and programs that interface with the public. Their intent is to facilitate inter-departmental connectivity within the MFS culture and to create a welcoming space that is adaptable to changing needs in the community. As a result of their move, MFS hopes to increase visibility of their mission in the wider community.
MFS is currently working with their longtime landlord to move into a temporary larger space for a 2 year period as they search for a permanent "home." They are looking for a project manager to help them walk through necessary processes and offer expertise in developing a work plan to stage their move to the temporary location. MFS is in an ongoing effort to gather perspectives from staff and board to inform needs, and forming an "MFS on the Move" internal team.
MFS needs a copilot who will provide consultation and drive conversations they need to have, identify questions they should be asking and decision points, and develop a timeline leading up to the transition. Having a pro bono professional in this project will allow MFS to advance a larger strategic planning process, of which space planning is one part. Ideally, as they build out their strategic plan, space planning would interweave with that process at key, predictable intervals.
* Develop a timeline/matrix for key decision points including strategic fiscal considerations and internal and external communications, involvement of key stakeholders, etc
* Support internal Move team to create clarity, efficiency and predictability
* Develop a tactical moving plan that identifies and stages detailed action items to minimize business flow interruption
* Help develop protocols and procedures that need to be established prior to the move and define and express our hybrid work model
* Advise on inclusive ways staff and volunteers can be engaged in creating a welcoming environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
* Project management
* Process improvement
* Excellent listening, oral and written communication
* Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Resources: The project champion is the CEO. Candidate must have own technology. Access to progress to date and other stakeholders will be provided as necessary.
Work Environment/Location: Work from home or meet at current MFS administrative office if COVID requirements allow.
View full project description: https://www.socialpurpose.works/opportunity/a0C5G00000esvBqUAI
About Metropolitan Family Service
1808 SE Belmont, Portland, OR 97214, US
Metropolitan Family Service helps people move beyond the limitations of poverty, inequality and social isolation. We serve children, families and older adults in the tri-county area. MFS is dedicated to building stronger communities by providing services, connecting people with resources, and offering meaningful and rewarding volunteer opportunities.
Metropolitan Family Service (MFS) volunteers serve in various capacities, depending on their areas of interest and abilities. Volunteers participate in on-going opportunities in one of three focus areas: helping children succeed, strengthening families and their connections to the community, and helping older adults and persons with disabilities live independently. We create opportunities that bridge generations and inspire everyone to live their best life. Additionally, MFS is the sponsor of RSVP in Multnomah County, providing meaningful volunteer opportunities for adults age 55+. With your support we are building a community that cares.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 27, 2021
- Business Planning
- Interior Design
- Real Estate & Leasing
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Medium project estimated between 60-100 hours, with an expected completion date to coincide with moving date, projected by mid-November to early December 2021.
- Successful background in project management and solid office move planning/execution experience.