2 people are interested
Film Festival Marketing Campaign
2 people are interested
Social Purpose Works is the latest innovative program offering of Metropolitan Family Service (MFS), a Portland social service agency since 1950. MFS Social Purpose Works (SPW) recruits professionally skilled volunteers (pro bono) to tackle capacity-building projects for Oregon and SW Washington nonprofits.
Social Purpose Works is recruiting for a Film Festival Marketing Campaign expert for DisOrient Asian American Film Festival of Oregon.
As the premier Asian American Film Festival of Oregon, DisOrient has been celebrating independent films for 17 years, showcasing authentic Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) voices, histories and stories. DisOrient promotes representation, diversity and inclusion to broaden the narrative of who is American and to strengthen and build community. They highlight social justice themes that translate to universal human experiences. DisOrient believes in the power of film and storytelling to bring people together and to create positive change.
DisOrient's small team is comprised of committed volunteers who passionately carry out their mission. They have a solid track record for producing exceptional festivals. Your marketing and graphic skills can help them amplify Asian American voices and bring the power and impact of their films to a broader audience.
The DisOrient 2022 marketing effort will span 5 months, culminating in their April 1-10, 2022 festival. They have a website, social media and newsletter presence, ready to be updated and enhanced with new 2022 festival graphics and information.
- Develop a marketing/graphics timeline and PR campaign for DisOrient's 2022 festival.
- Work with the festival directors to organize and update their website.
- Create graphics for their virtual platform, social media, website and Opening Night event.
- Set up shared folders for graphics, press release/ festival talking points, and film press kits.
Education/Experience: No degree required. Proven experience designing successful marketing campaigns and strong graphic design background.
About Metropolitan Family Service
1808 SE Belmont, Portland, OR 97214, US
Metropolitan Family Service helps people move beyond the limitations of poverty, inequality and social isolation. We serve children, families and older adults in the tri-county area. MFS is dedicated to building stronger communities by providing services, connecting people with resources, and offering meaningful and rewarding volunteer opportunities.
Metropolitan Family Service (MFS) volunteers serve in various capacities, depending on their areas of interest and abilities. Volunteers participate in on-going opportunities in one of three focus areas: helping children succeed, strengthening families and their connections to the community, and helping older adults and persons with disabilities live independently. We create opportunities that bridge generations and inspire everyone to live their best life. Additionally, MFS is the sponsor of RSVP in Multnomah County, providing meaningful volunteer opportunities for adults age 55+. With your support we are building a community that cares.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 27, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design / Print
- Content Management Systems
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Medium/Large project, estimated at 100-200 hours, to be completed by April 10, 2022. Hours will be less in the fall, and heavier in the 3 months leading up to the festival. Days/hours are very flexible while honoring deadlines.
- This is a pro bono opportunity. To view this opportunity on our site, visit https://www.socialpurpose.works/opportunity/a0C5G00000et1usUAA. For more information call Social Purpose Works at 503-688-1776.