DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
NHQ:DEI - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Project Manager
DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) team. The Diversity,
Equity and Inclusion Project Manager is a remote (work from home) volunteer opportunity. The position will manage projects in varying complexity and size initiated at the senior management level.
- Work within Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to support projects in varying complexity and size initiated at a senior or executive management level.
- Support projects through all phases including concept, development, implementation, and closeout.
- Develop and prepare written project plans addressing, tasks, roles and responsibilities, risk,
- resources, budget, communications, quality and organization.
- Develop work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Perform critical path analysis and develop timelines for completion of tasks, measuring the
- deliverable work packages of the project against the project plan.
- Ensures that the project plan, scope, work breakdown structure, schedule, risk, budget, and
- deliverables are in alignment with the project goal and objectives as defined by the project statement of work.
- Provide for all communication within and outside of project.
- Communicate project progress and information to team, sponsor, stakeholders, and field appropriate.
- Achieves the project goals and objectives on time and within budget. Focus is on expediting the efforts of team members to achieve their project goals and initiatives.
- Manage and update project activities throughout the project life cycle utilizing the WBS, schedule budget and required reports.
- Maintain and update project documentation to include project plan, work breakdown structure, schedule, budget, risk plan, communication plan, table of organization, change control log, and reports.
- Manage the change control within project. Obtain sponsor approval for changes to scope, budget and schedule that effect the critical path.
- Acquire a project charter from senior management and obtain sign off on the statement of work by the project sponsor.
- Ensure that scope, budget, and schedule targets are within variance and project delivery date is met.
- Create DEI scorecard and other data visualizations to communicate progress on DEI strategies and initiatives.
- Also supports additional reporting analysis for DEI by designing reporting and providing analytics that help drive business decisions.
- Work in partnership with DEI project owner to guide project team while developing stakeholder relationships and maintaining confidentiality.
- Professional experience leading cross-functional projects of varying complexity
- Excellent leadership, communication and analytical skills
- Previous experience preparing, presenting and discussing information and materials at the executive level
- Knowledge of and experience in developing methodologies to apply project and portfolio management practices
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Cultural competency and an affinity for working with diverse groups and/or diversity, equity and inclusion programs·
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Project, SharePoint and data visualization platforms, preferably Power BI
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to easily navigate through an organization and build strong relationships
- Excellent problem-solving skills and process improvement mind set
- Comfortable working virtually and using workstation platforms like Microsoft Teams
- Formal training/certification in: Project Management, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Power Apps, or Microsoft Project Online
- Experience leveraging the Office 365 environment to develop and build workflows to support internal
To apply for this opportunity and register as an American Red Cross volunteer, individuals must reside in the United States or on one of the United States Service to the Armed Forces stations. If you are an individual that does not meet this criteria, but are interested in volunteering with the Red Cross or Red Crescent Society in your country, please visit: https://www.ifrc.org/volunteer-us
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 26, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Capacity Planning
- SWOT / GAP Analysis
- Business Planning
- Resource Development / Management
- Orientation or Training
- 25-40 hours per week with availability during business hours