5 people are interested
Tutoring - Information Sessions - 8/31 and 9/1
5 people are interested
Attend one of the VIRTUAL Volunteer Information Sessions to learn more about AHC’s education programs and volunteer opportunities. Register for the 30 minute session using the link below or email email@example.com
- Tuesday, August 31, 7:30pm
- Wednesday, Sept 1, noon
For the 21-22 school year, at this point, we are planning to be meeting IN-PERSON following COVID safety protocols and ask volunteers to commit to helping once a week. We have three education programs:
- The After School Program for elementary school students runs Monday - Thursday. Volunteers help with homework, reading and educational games for an hour sometime between 3:00-6:00pm depending on the community center.
- Teen Tutoring programs run between 5-7:30pm Monday - Thursday. Volunteers help middle & high school students with homework, organizational & study skills.
- The College & Career Readiness program mentors are matched with a high school junior or senior and set their own meeting times at public locations. They work on essay writing, standardized test prep and finding scholarships.
About AHC Inc.
2230 N Fairfax Dr, Suite 100, Arlington, VA 22201, US
AHC Inc.’s purpose is to produce, preserve, manage, advocate for and finance affordable rental and owner-occupied housing. AHC offers educational services to strengthen our residents’ economic and social stability.
AHC Inc. is among the largest developers of affordable and mixed-income housing in the Washington-Baltimore metro region. AHC Inc. has developed nearly 7,000 quality affordable homes to help families and individuals build stable lives and strong futures. We provide homes for more than 18,000 people.
AHC’s Resident Services program supports thousands of children, families and senior citizens through on-site programs. We focus primarily on comprehensive education programs; after school, teen, college & career, and summer camp programs for elementary through high school students. The program also provides programs to help adults strengthen their economic stability and build stronger futures for themselves and their families.
2230 North Fairfax DriveArlington, VA 22201
August 24, 2021
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- The info session is 30 minutes. Volunteers will commit to helping once a week for one hour.
- Background check to volunteer but not for the info session.