We are looking for someone to assist in supervision of 2 to 3 students completing their field placement experience as part of their Masters of Social Work graduate program. Must be able to begin ASAP!
We empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful!
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to restore HOPE, inspire GROWTH, and EMPOWER girls and women through education, life skill development, workforce training, and other supportive services.
The MSW Supervisor position works closely with MSW staff members, consulting and collaborating on client's progress and treatment plans. The individual in this role supervises and manages the MSW Interns (students in their Foundation Year of their MSW program) to ensure provision of quality client care and effective team performance. The position can be performed virtually/working from home.
- This volunteer position can be done virtually
- All responsibilities will be done fully remotely, at interns' discretion/time
- Must be available to work about 5 to 10 hours per week VIRTUALLY
- Optional VIRTUAL weekly meetings:
- Weekly All Staff Meeting: Mondays 12pm - 2pm
- Weekly Programs Department Meeting: Fridays 9am - 11am
- Note: this meeting can be used as group supervision for students
- We can work around your schedule!
- Must be able to commit at least 1 year to this volunteer position
- Provide weekly individualized supervision (1 hour a week)
- Performance management of MSW interns
- Help the student develop a plan for their education in the field to integrate what they have learned in the classroom with what they are experiencing in the field
- Become familiar with the theoretical approaches to social work practice taught in each student's specific program
- Support the student's skill development in line with approaches to specific program
- Keep track and hold students accountable for completing required hours
- Complete and discuss with students the evaluation forms provided by their school at mid-term and at completion of the internship.
- Must possess a Master’s Degree from an accredited school of Social Work
- Must have at least two years postgraduate experience
- Meets the requirements of the Board of Behavioral Sciences to provide supervision
- Possess strong personal integrity and ethical principles
- Ability to motivate and encourage others
- Ability to demonstrate patience and empathy
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent organization, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to provide supervision to intern/volunteers
- Ability to pass the mandated reporter exam
- Supervisor must have the appropriate technology, internet connection and ability to function in a virtual capacity via Microsoft Teams
- Gain proficient experience in supervising and managing staff to ensure provision of quality client care and effective team performance
- Receive direct supervision from the Executive Director
- Participate in professional training offered to all employees
- Build resume and explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
*** We are an equal opportunity employer. ***
About Thaddeus Resource Center
Damien Avenue, La Verne, CA 91750, US
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a 501 c(3) non-profit organization whose purpose is to RESTORE HOPE, INSPIRE GROWTH, and EMPOWER GIRLS & WOMEN through education, life skill development, workforce training, and other supportive services.
Through our work, we hope to stop the downward spiral of at-risk and foster youth by providing them with valuable life, college and career development skills, they will be able to reverse their downward spiral so they can become our future leaders.
Our vision is to empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful! We want to give teen mothers, single mothers, mothers of children with special needs, and mothers that are just in need the knowledge, confidence, and the opportunity to provide a better life for the next generation
Damien AvenueLa Verne, CA 91750
August 20, 2021
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- Orientation or Training
- Please see volunteer opportunity description