9 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Thaddeus Resource Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
We are looking for someone to assist in supervision of 2 to 3 students completing their field placement experience as part of their Masters of Social Work and/or Marriage & Family Therapy graduate program. Looking for someone to begin ASAP!
We empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful!
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to restore HOPE, inspire GROWTH, and EMPOWER girls and women through education, life skill development, workforce training, and other supportive services. We pride ourselves in having established a family-oriented culture that promotes open communication and collaboration through our values of Empowerment, Commitment, Hope, Compassion, Community, and Grace.
If you are looking for a HANDS-ON experience where you can truly make an IMPACT, join our team and help us achieve our mission and vision of reaching our community of women, girls, and at-risk youth.
About the Opportunity:
The Clinical S upervisor will work closely MFT and /or MSW graduate student s fulfilling their program requirements through hours of therapy and/or social work . The Clinical S upervisor will supervise and manage interns and trainees to ensure provision of quality client care and effective team performance . Th e position can be performed v irtually ( work ing from home ) or in person .
*This supervisory role is a volunteer position, for the moment. *
- Provide individual and group supervision to clinical associates (MFT/MSW student interns and trainees)
- Counsel and train newly hired interns and trainees
- Help ensure intern and trainees are maintaining a high level of ethical and professional standards
- Attend interdepartmental meetings, as needed
- Maintain proper documentation, as necessary, of clinical supervision
- Conduct performance evaluations of students, as required
- In-service training to staff on mental health topics, as required
- Facilitate and lead the Mental Health Services meeting (utilized as group supervision)
- Provide referrals and therapy/case management support
- May be asked to participate in community events, presentations, meetings, and outreach on behalf of Thaddeus Resource Center
- Must possess a Master’s Degree from an accredited school of Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or Marriage, Family and Child Counseling, etc.
- Must possess a license in California as a mental health clinician (MFT, LCSW, Ph.D.) and active registration with the California Board of Behavioral Science
- Meets the requirements of the Board of Behavioral Sciences to provide clinical supervision
- Must be available to supervise and manage the MSW and MFT inters/trainees, virtually and/or in person
- Ability to formulate assessments of psychosocial needs of individuals
- Possess strong personal integrity and ethical principles
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to motivate and encourage others
- Ability to demonstrate patience and empathy
- Must have excellent organization, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to provide supervision to intern/volunteers
- Proficient knowledge of applicable laws
- Access to appropriate technology and reliable Internet connection to function in a virtual capacity via Microsoft Teams
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience with management and/or supervision
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Gain proficient experience in supervising and managing staff to ensure provision of quality client care and effective team performance
Time Commitment and Working Conditions:
- Due to COVID-19, the responsibilities for this role can be performed 100% remotely, on-site, or as a hybrid experience
- Must be available to volunteer about 5 hours per week (although, hours may vary depending on the student, graduate program requirements, and/or the number of supervisees you can take on, per your availability)
- We highly recommend you to be available for the following VIRTUAL weekly meeting:
- Weekly All Staff Meeting: Mondays 9 AM - 10:30 AM PST
- We can work around your schedule!
- Must be able to commit at least 1 year to this position
- Participate in professional training offered to all volunteers
- Build resume and explore career options (cross-functional training available)
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
- Grow your professional network and build strong working relationships with previous and current Thaddeus staff
- Flexible scheduling to allow for changes in class/work schedule and final exams
*** We are an equal opportunity employer. ***
About Thaddeus Resource Center
Damien Avenue, La Verne, CA 91750, US
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a 501 c(3) non-profit organization whose purpose is to RESTORE HOPE, INSPIRE GROWTH, and EMPOWER GIRLS & WOMEN through education, life skill development, workforce training, and other supportive services.
Through our work, we hope to stop the downward spiral of at-risk and foster youth by providing them with valuable life, college and career development skills, they will be able to reverse their downward spiral so they can become our future leaders.
Our vision is to empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful! We want to give teen mothers, single mothers, mothers of children with special needs, and mothers that are just in need the knowledge, confidence, and the opportunity to provide a better life for the next generation
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 8, 2022
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Orientation or Training
- Please see volunteer opportunity description