Volunteer Pharmacist Needed At Turning Points
If you are a Florida licensed Pharmacist, and have the heart and compassion to volunteer, then Turning Points needs your amazing skills. At this time there is a great need for skilled pharmacy volunteers in their non-narcotic pharmacy, located in the Turning Points free medical clinic.
As a valued team member you would:
1) Process medication refills.
2) Manage patient assistance plans and pharmacy inventory.
3)Review refill protocols on a regular basis.
4) Plus other duties as needed.
This position can be shared and the days/shifts are somewhat flexible.
If you or someone you know is interested in learning more about this volunteer position please contact Director of Volunteer Services Cheryl Hedger at email@example.com or call (941) 747-1509, ext. 308
About Turning Points
701 17th Avenue, West, Bradenton, FL 34205, US
To Provide, Facilitate and Coordinate Services to men, women and children who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in Manatee County, Florida.
Located in Bradenton, FL, this unique non profit organization has four major programs.
1) Open Door Day Resource Center is where the homeless or those at risk of becoming homeless and homeless with a roof can receive help with basic needs including use of the computer lab, employment assistance, mail service, Food Stamp assistance, hot showers, haircuts, clean clothes and shoes, laundry service and so much more.
2) Medical/Dental Clinic which provides primary care to homeless and low income clients who have no health insurance and meet eligibility requirements. Dental is available for low income individuals by a dedicated Dentist staff . Patients who have no insurance and meet eligibility requirements may receive help with extrations, filling, dentures and cleanings.
4) . Veteran Services Yellow Ribbon Program targets Manatee County Veteran men and women and their families that are struggling with issues related to homelessness. This program assist Veterans and families through their individual needs, providing a "Housing First" philosophy that is not enabling.
5). Transitional Development Program assist the homeless, those served with an eviction notice and those requesting rental assistance to prevent becoming homeless.
701 17th Avenue WestBradenton, FL 34205
August 20, 2021
- Program Management
- Case Work / Management
- Patient Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 half days per week. This can be a shared position.
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree; clinical experience in past year;