2021 Gala Project Manager
2021 Gala Project Manager
GiGi’s Playhouse NYC is the only organization in New York City solely dedicated to the development of individuals with Down syndrome of all ages, from birth through adulthood and at every phase of life. We provide therapeutic, educational, social, and creative arts programs and events year-round, at no cost to participants or their families. GiGi’s NYC serves over 1,000 people with Down syndrome and their families, representing almost 10% of the NYC Down syndrome population of approximately 11,000. For more information, please visit our website at www.gigisplayhouse.org/newyork.Gala Overview:
GiGi’s NYC’s 2021 Gala will take place on Thursday, October 21, 2021, and is the organization's most important fundraising event. The 2021 Gala will be a live, in-person event at a Manhattan venue in the heart of Times Square. The event program will be accessible via livestream to a virtual audience across the globe.
GiGi’s NYC is looking for a seasoned project manager with evidence of success managing complex, high-profile events/projects. The candidate should be mature and have demonstrated experience managing up with executive leadership. Responsibilities include:
- Defining project objectives, project scope, roles & responsibilities.
- Defining resource requirements and managing resource availability & allocation - both internal and third party.
- Outlining a budget based on requirements and tracking costs to deliver the project on budget.
- Preparing a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones with dates (forecast and actual), workstreams & activities.
- Managing delivery of the project according to this plan.
- Tracking the project and providing weekly reports on project status to Gala Co-Chairs.
- Managing and adjusting for any changes in project scope, schedule and / or budget.
- Identifying and mitigating any potential risks.
- Managing the relationship and communication with the Gala Co-Chairs and committee members, ensuring the project is delivered to their satisfaction.
- Assist with OneCause platform.
- Report to the two, Gala Co-Chairs.
- Begin work on September 7, 2021, and work through October 28, 2021.
- Work ten (10) hours per week, to be paid at an hourly rate, commensurate with experience.
- This position will be mostly virtual with the expectation that the Gala Project Manager will be on-site the day of the event, 10/21/21.
All interested individuals should contact Rosella Lofaro at email@example.com.
About GiGi's Playhouse NYC, Down Syndrome Achievement Centers
106 West 117th St., New York City, NY 10026, US
our mission is to increase positive awareness of Down syndrome through national campaigns, educational programs, and by empowering individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community. our vision is to see a world where individuals with Down syndrome are accepted and embraced in their families, schools, and communities. We are the only community center in NYC designed to meet the social, educational and therepeutic needs of individuals with Down syndrome and those that love them. We offer social gatherings, lectures and educational talks, support groups, and numerous different classes ranging from literacy to ballet. We are also invested in changing outdated perceptions of individuals with Down syndrome through photographic galleries, calendars, news and media outlets - we depend volunteers to make all our programs fun and free!
What started as a local Playhouse in a suburb of Chicago has turned into an international phenomenon, spreading awareness and inspiration to everyone it touches. GiGi's Playhouses are Down syndrome awareness and educational centers that provide resources, specialized teaching, and support to individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community!
GiGi's Playhouse centers evolved into educational centers with a focus on National awareness for Down syndrome. All of our programs are free to our families and are therapeutic in nature. Each of them are designed to work on specific skill development in several areas including speech and language, social development, and fine and gross motor skills. Our literacy program alone teaches thousands of kids with Down syndrome to read around the nation! The "i have a voice" campaign, a national awareness campaign, seeks to change outdated perceptions and replace those images with beautiful, thought provoking, intelligent images.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 19, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People Skills
- Project Management
- 10 hours per week