3 people are interested
Volunteer Admin/Assistant to Head Of School
ORGANIZATION: The Nest Academy
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
The Nest Academy is a faith based, private school for refugee, immigrant and at risk students with a focus on educating, enriching and empowering the whole child. We are seeking a highly energetic and motivated Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Head of School, Board of Directors, staff, students, volunteers and visitors.
Daily responsibilities will include conducting research, preparing statistical reports, entering data into our system, running reports, handling information requests, website management and maintenance, school calendar and other duties as needed but not limited to the list below. The administrative assistant will also perform clerical duties, such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, setting up travel arrangements, and taking notes at meetings.
Our ideal candidate can manage a large, diverse workload and knows how to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to maintain a positive attitude while managing multiple priorities in a fast paced educational environment. The typical academic work day is structured but not without the many challenges and successes of a private school. The Administrative Assistant must have a good rapport with everyone who enters our doors.
Administrative Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
· Answer email and phone inquiries, direct calls to the proper department, and provide basic Nest Academy information
· Take minutes, dictation of emails for the Head Of School, manage social media accounts, weekly newsletter email to database, maintain all student and business files, and organize, photocopy, fax, and collate documents as needed
· Arrange travel, accommodations, itineraries, and all correspondence related to arrangements as needed (field trips, HOS travel, student transportation)
· Plan, organize and implement school events, fundraising events, and outreach events
. Research and apply for grants, research additional funding opportunities, assist in growth of funding/donors with the Head Of School.
· Manage Head Of School schedule and act as a liaison for the team
· Prepare reports, presentations, and data, as well as maintain files, records, and correspondence with board of directors, teachers, parents and students
. Manage school database (Thinkwave), Manage Opportunity Scholarship (applicants, correspondence, accounts payable), Manage all academy accounting (bill payment)
. Manage lunch program (correspondence and scheduling of daily meals), assist in prep and clean up (create and manage student responsibilities to assist with daily responsibilities), grow current program to include five day a week coverage of student meals.
. Occasional assistance in classrooms (proctoring tests, substitute teaching as needed)
. Check-in of guests, students and visitors, conduct tours for visitors upon arrival
. Establish Manage intern program, assist Head Of School with management and correspondence (Queens University, UNCC, CPCC)
Administrative Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
· High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary degree a plus
· 3+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant or a similar role
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
· Experience scheduling appointments and updating calendars
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Valid driver’s license and safe driving record preferred
REPORTS TO: MC HILDRETH, HEAD OF SCHOOL
ANNUAL PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
SALARY- (volunteer role)
- Meet with Head of School- get pressing duties for week or day they change often.
- Visitor greetings/tours
- Communication for HOS for teachers, staff and or volunteers
- Schedule/communication for regular Volunteers
- Coordinate lunch-volunteers/restaurants
- Staff support/assistance (printing, tech support, proctoring tests, classroom needs)
- Manage Social Media accounts
- Emails to school database
- Tech Support for students/staff -Chromebooks/technical issues
- Academy accounting-bill payment & management
- Manage Opportunity Scholarship applications, updates and communication.
- Printing Report Cards
- Preparing official Transcripts
- Data entry for Thinkwave (school management system)
- Prep for events (school events, graduation, love week & more) which can include: reserving rentals, ordering supplies, creating marketing materials, creating/managing online payments systems, event set up tear down
- Substitute in classroom occasionally for teachers if needed.
- Manage background check through external website
- Website updates & changes also email creation (backend and front end)
- Request, receive and process transcripts from schools when students enroll.
- Prepare Board Meeting Agendas for HOS
- School event setup/event organization
- Prepare school calendar, handbook & other parent communication
- Print Diplomas
- Filing of doctors notes, student end of year test and any other necessary forms in student records
- Compile End of year donation reports from donation software
- Mon Aug 15, 2022 - afternoon / 01:00 PM to 03:00 PM
- Mon Aug 29, 2022 - morning / 09:00 AM to 11:45 AM
- Mon Aug 01, 2022 - afternoon / 12:00 PM to 03:00 PM
- Mon Jul 18, 2022 - morning / 09:00 AM to 11:45 AM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About The Nest Academy
2223 EASTWAY DR, CHARLOTTE, NC 28205, US
Where we educate, empower and enrich Charlotte’s refugee, immigrant, underprivileged and at-risk children. A tuition free, holistic education addressing the whole child: educationally, nutritionally, emotionally, socially and experientially .
EDUCATE, ENRICH and EMPOWER students through education, a sense of COMMUNITY with LOVE and RESPECT and to encourage them to become confident, educated, accomplished, giving and successful first generation refugee high school graduates. WE HAVE SEEN GREAT SUCCESS! The academy is UNIQUE, it is OUT OF THE BOX and unprecedented. We have created a custom learning environment that is multi age, multi grade and multi faceted. We integrate creative, performing and visual arts, music and rhythm therapy, provide a holistic approach to address the whole child, welcome public speakers in the community to inspire students, offer cutting edge physical, social, emotional training, and many experiential opportunities outside of the classroom, much like those MC personally experienced growing up. Upon graduation, our students are equipped to succeed in America.
6824 Democracy DriveCharlotte, NC 28212
July 15, 2022
- People 55+