Prepare with Pedro Presenter - Ross County
Save lives and prevent injury by providing leadership and/or support to Disaster Cycle Services (DCS) team
members by supporting the Prepare with Pedro program. The 30-45-minute presentation provides emergency
preparedness education to youth in grades K-2 (ages 4-7) in school classrooms and other settings by following Pedro
the Penguin as he learns how to be prepared and take action during an emergency. Team member roles include
either being a presenter, presentation assistant, administrative support, or presenter trainer.
Location(s): ARC of Greater Columbus
Responsibilities: Team member roles include either being a presenter, presentation assistant, administrative support, or
presenter trainer. Each volunteer is able to choose their preferred role and responsibilities will vary with each
1. Conduct Prepare with Pedro presentations given to youth in schools and community settings
2. Successfully complete the Basic Instructor Fundamentals for Youth, Module 1, Module 2 teach-back,
and Module 3 assessment
3. May assist with community outreach to schedule presentations at sites (optional)
4. May assist in reaching key groups within the region, such as support to military families, at risk youth,
5. May mentor new presenters to help the region build a team of experienced youth preparedness
6. Work as a team with the Team Lead and other volunteers and employees to build Prepare with Pedro
in the region
7. Ensure all reporting data for each presentation given is collected and given to regional staff in a
8. Other duties as agreed to between the presenter and the Team Lead
Presentation Assistant Responsibilities:
1. Support Prepare with Pedro Presenter in schools and community settings while they deliver the
2. Handing out and collecting materials from students; helping with classroom management; grading
quizzes; working with individual students during the activities; assisting with other duties as requested
by the presenter.
3. May be asked to help complete the reports for the presentation site(s).
4. Successfully complete any Curriculum-Specific Courses
5. May assist with community outreach to schedule presentations at sites (optional).
6. May assist in reaching key groups within the region, such as support to military families, at-risk youth,
7. May mentor new presentation assistants to help the region build a team of experienced youth
preparedness volunteers (optional).
8. Work as a team with the Team Lead and other volunteers and employees to build Prepare with Pedro
in the region.
9. Other duties as agreed to with the presenter and the Team Lead.
Administrative Support Responsibilities:
1. Providing EDGE Learning Management System administrative support (where possible)
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
181 North Bridge StreetChillicothe, OH 45601
August 12, 2021
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training