Pillowcase Project Presenter - Clinton County
Save lives and prevent injury by providing leadership and/or support to Disaster Cycle Services team members
through The Pillowcase Project. The Pillowcase Project is a national youth preparedness program offered by Red
Cross regions across the country. The 40- or 60-minute presentation provides emergency preparedness education to
youth in grades 3-5 (ages 8-11) in school classrooms and other settings. Numerous tools have been developed for
this program including a standardized curriculum, workbook, quizzes, and activities which have been carefully
constructed with the help of curriculum and hazard experts. Many tools for presenters have been developed to foster
consistency and fidelity to the program goals and objectives. The highly interactive presentation addresses home fire
safety, local natural hazards, psychosocial coping skills, and household preparedness steps like making a plan and
Responsibilities: Worker roles include either being a presenter, presentation assistant, administrative support, or presenter
trainer. Depending on which worker role you choose, your key responsibilities will vary.
Presenter Worker Role responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Conduct The Pillowcase Project presentations given to youth in schools and community settings
* Successfully complete the Basic Instructor Fundamentals for Youth (BIF-Y) (60-75 minute online course)
* Successfully complete The Pillowcase Project Presenter Fundamentals Module 1 (60-90 minute web-based
or 3-hour instructor-led course)
* Successfully complete The Pillowcase Project Presenter Fundamentals Module 2 (in-person teach backs)
(Note: this is at a minimum a 3-hour training experience)
* Successfully complete The Pillowcase Project Presenter Fundamentals Module 3 (web-based assessment)
* May assist with community outreach to schedule presentations at sites (optional)
* May assist in reaching key groups within the region, such as support to military families, as risk youth, etc.
* May mentor new presenters to help the region build a team of experienced youth preparedness presenters.
* Work as a team with the Team Lead and other volunteers and employees to build The Pillowcase Project in
* Ensure all reporting data for each presentation given is collected and given to regional staff in a timely
* Other duties as agreed to between the presenter and the Team Lead
Presentation Assistant Worker Role responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Support The Pillowcase Project Presenter in schools and community settings while they deliver the
* Duties include but are not limited to: handing out and collecting materials from students; helping with
classroom management; grading quizzes; working with individual students during the activities; assisting with
other duties as requested by the presenter.
* May be asked to help complete the reports for the presentation site(s).
* Successfully complete The Pillowcase Project Presenter Fundamentals Module 1 (web-based or instructor
* May assist with community outreach to schedule presentations at sites (optional).
* May assist in reaching key groups
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
50 South Mulberry StreetWilmington, OH 45177
August 12, 2021
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training