Be the Comfort in the Storm- Become a Shelter Volunteer! - Baker City
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross Idaho
Please visit the new page to apply.
Inspire hope and spread kindness through action! The Red Cross is preparing for another extremely busy disaster season. It’s critical to have a trained and ready volunteer workforce to make sure we can provide relief at a moment’s notice. Be ready to stand up when disaster strikes by training now as a Shelter Service Associate.
As a Red Cross shelter volunteer, you'll be part of a team providing a safe place to rest and a path toward recovery:
- In-person shelter support to assist with reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information collection and other vital tasks to help those we serve
- Provide excellent customer service to clients
- Availability to travel within region ( multiple local shifts working 4-12-hour shifts on consecutive days) -or- travel to surrounding states (minimum of 14 days working 8- or 12-hour shifts on consecutive days). Travel and lodging expenses are covered.
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (approximately 5 hours of training) within 30 days.
- Watch: Red Vest in action at https://youtu.be/VqwIwSV_URg
It’s through the efforts of volunteers that we do extraordinary things! Will you be ready to wear the red vest? Complete your application now at www.redcross.org/volunteertoday or request m ore information by clicking the I want to Help button.Email our team at IDMT.Recruiting@redcross.org
About American Red Cross Idaho
5380 W Franklin Rd, Boise, ID 83705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so:
- All people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
- Our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
- Everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
- All members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
- In an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
1655 1st StreetBaker City, OR 97814
March 7, 2023
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Complete 5 hours of training and be able to serve for 14 consecutive days. The hours are long, the work is hard, but the experience will change you forever!