DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Social Media & Marketing/Fundraising Team Member - Atlanta Branch
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine, Inc. (RLC) is a non-profit food rescue organization founded in New York City that delivers excess food from food businesses and corporations to local human service agencies such as homeless shelters and soup kitchens to feed the hungry. We have thus far delivered over 6 million pounds of food with the lowest cost per delivery in the industry. Our business model is centered around four stages: (1) proactively seek out businesses with leftover food for partnerships, (2) deliver excess, wholesome food directly to local agencies, (3) use our expertise in food rescue to consult each partner different ways to reduce food waste, (4) partners successfully graduate from the RLC food rescue program with reduced food cost and food waste.
The Social Media & Marketing/Fundraising Team Member will be responsible for managing all social media platforms to spread the awareness of food insecurity and to promote the RLC brand in the local and online community in Atlanta. The team member will work closely with us in marketing new initiatives and events on social media networks.
- Maintain RLC Atlanta presence on Instagram, Facebook (3x/week), and LinkedIn (1x/week)
- Create branding collateral and graphics on Canva as needed
- Share milestones, stats, and research (weekly)
- Engage with community and find potential partnerships, send to Community Outreach
- Contact local news outlets, influencers, organizations, etc. and maintain good PR
- Ideate advertising and execute video campaigns with local professionals (1 quarterly campaign)
- Create and send RLC Atlanta general newsletter via Mailchimp (monthly)
- Should have good understanding of voice and social media presence of RLC
- Self-starter; ability to initiate and work independently
- Ability to interact professionally with potential partners in person, via phone, and email
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator or other design program skills is a plus but not required
RLC team members have the chance to work closely with the founders of the branch and have the opportunity to make a true, meaningful impact in their time with the organization. This is a part-time, unpaid position. Team members will be expected to work 5 hours per week (tentative exact start and end dates).
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a resume. Candidates for initial phone screenings will be contacted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
About Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Inc
25 Broadway, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10004, US
To become the world’s most widely used solution for companies and individuals to eliminate food waste in their communities.
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is a non-profit food rescue organization based in New York City that provides solutions to prevent excess wholesome cuisine from being wasted. RLC provides services such as food waste consulting, excess food delivery, co-branding services, and tax credit assistance.
RLC approaches the two large issues of hunger and food waste in three main ways. First, we localize the issues into sets of communities that can help sustain themselves. After identifying the homeless shelters of a needy community, we proactively find restaurants, hotels, and catering companies with excess food in that vicinity that could help support these disadvantaged communities.
Second, we leverage technology to facilitate the identification and handling of excess food. Thus, these partner food providers will be using a smartphone application to report when excess food is occurring, and the same app is used to engage community members, because volunteering with us can be as easy as taking a brisk walk.
Third, we tackle food waste at its root, aiming to eliminate as much food waste as possible and bringing the remaining excess food to where it is needed most. The data of when food waste occurs is used in our analysis of what types of food waste could be avoided, and RLC suggests ways that partner food providers can reduce waste at its root.
Multiple locations Atlanta, GA 30301
August 12, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Social Media / Blogging