7 people are interested
Communications & Fundraising Intern (volunteer)
7 people are interested
Volunteer COMMUNICATIONS and FUNDRAISING INTERNSHIP with INFLUENTIAL NONPROFIT
Are you looking to learn valuable skills, build your confidence, and improve your resume - all while making a positive impact on society?
Educate. Radiate. Elevate. is looking for enthusiastic volunteer interns with a strong desire to build relationships with the community while forwarding E.R.E’s mission of strengthening the educational achievement of underserved K-12 students.
Internships with E.R.E. are a great way to gain experience in social/community services, education, entrepreneurship, marketing, and nonprofit work. Join us in spreading awareness and inspiring interest!
We are a nonprofit operating in Illinois and Texas that provides underserved youth with high-quality instruction from experienced tutors who will assist them with academics and test prep as well as essential learning and life skills.
Our mission is to minimize the disproportionate learning losses for low-income students of color to provide economic, social, and emotional stability for the youth, for their families, and for their community.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building meaningful relationships with schools, nonprofits, service providers, and prospective donors
- Supporting E.R.E.’s social media presence
- Identifying and cultivating key community fundraising segments
- Growing donor base through multiple touchpoints
- Participating in extensive skills development training
What you’ll be learning:
E.R.E. invests heavily in your professional development, helping you to develop skills that will enable you to succeed with us as well as throughout your career.
Key skill competencies you’ll learn include:
- The basics of fundraising for nonprofits
- How to speak with others to create an immediate impact
- How to advocate for a specific cause to win hearts and minds simultaneously
- How to build meaningful, long-lasting professional relationships
- How to conduct target-based research to qualify partnership and donor prospects
- Business communication, both written and verbal
- Action-oriented networking and follow-up strategy
What else should you know?
E.R.E. promotes from within!
After 3 months, there is potential to be promoted to other intern positions including mentor, manager, data analyst, translator, IT support, grant reviewer, committee leader, marketing, content writer, website editor, bookkeeper, tutor, and curriculum developer.
After 6 months, there is potential to be promoted to a paid position.
- You can dedicate at least 5 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months
- You have reliable access to a device with email and WiFi and to a personal phone that can make calls in the USA
We’d love to get to know you better!
Please apply HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfDXbb8iOYJb5GImNcqmt-adqdZuZyUgMgI-xMSrZH26j7ZPA/viewform?usp=sf_link
About Educate. Radiate. Elevate.
651 S Wells St, 504, CHICAGO, IL 60607, US
Educate. Radiate. Elevate.’s mission is to minimize the disproportionate learning losses for low-income students of color to provide economic, social, and emotional stability for the youth served, their families, and their community.
Educate. Radiate. Elevate.’s purpose is to strengthen the educational achievement of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) students who are facing economic hardship by providing them with high-quality instruction from experienced tutors who will assist them with academics and test prep as well as essential learning and life skills.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 10, 2021
- Sales Process
- Customer Acquisition
- Community Outreach
- Internet Research
- People 55+
- At least 5 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months
- Must have reliable access to a device with email and WiFi and to a personal phone that can make calls in the USA.