DONATE TO THIS
38 people are interested
Senior Health & Wellbeing Volunteers Needed to Lead Movement Classses! ( Redondo Beach , CA)
ORGANIZATION: LINC Housing
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
38 people are interested
As a volunteer with LINC you will help low-income seniors sustain their physical and mental health while preventing social isolation and depression within this vulnerable population. Health & Wellbeing Volunteers at LINC Cares provides supportive programs that improve seniors’ quality of life and promote their ability to live independently.
Volunteer will coordinate the following activities:
- Exercise - leading chair stretching classes, walking groups, and other physically engaging programs (dance, Zumba, ballet, Tai Chi)
- Nutrition - demonstrating healthy recipes while providing educational workshops
- Community engagement - coordinating activities that include:
- Special holiday celebrations
- Arts & crafts
- Cognitive and socially active games (e.g., bingo and Wii)
- Computer labs - providing 1-to-1 instruction on basic computer skills and functions
- And more...
Health & Wellbeing Volunteers are trained according to Linc Housing program models to coordinate their own assigned activities. Responsibilities include: outreach, preparation, setting up and cleaning program space, facilitating activities, ensuring the safety of participants, and communicating with property management and resident service staff.
Learn new skills and have fun, all while improving the health of our community!
How to Enroll
To become a Health & Wellbeing Volunteer, applicants must be at least 16 years of age and submit to a background verification. Getting involved is easy!
1. Information Session RSVP for a Linc Housing Volunteer Information Session at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSPW3jTSE1VErUrAcgTpJA9fQpo-DGMDmFWzrF1XyW1WY9VA/viewform?usp=sf_link
2. Application Once the volunteer application is received and processed, you will be contacted and invited to RSVP to a volunteer orientation. Our volunteer application can be found at the following link:
During orientation you will have the opportunity to meet field staff, receive an introduction to the history and mission of Linc Housing, as well as learn the roles and responsibilities of your volunteer position
4. Online Background Clearance
Once you attend and complete an orientation, you will be contacted and invited to complete a background clearance through Sterling Volunteers. Each volunteer background clearance MUST be completed and confirmed before being assigned a volunteer position.
5. COVID-19 POLICY
Effective March 23rd, 2022, all Linc Housing volunteers must either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be granted a religious or medical accommodation by Linc Housing HR staff. You will be connected with Linc HR staff to either provide proof of vaccination status or complete our COVID policy exemption process prior to your 1st day of service.
For more information, please contact Asia Bogan at firstname.lastname@example.org
About LINC Housing
3590 Elm Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90807, US
Linc provides affordable housing for people underserved by the marketplace. Our communities are known for excellent design, outstanding management and life-enhancing services.
Linc Housing builds, owns, and operates affordable housing for low-income families and seniors throughout California. Our resident services department provides life-enhancing services to residents. Our staff members teach and collaborate with nearby agencies to facilitate classes and activities that cover health, exercise, financial literacy, after-school care, ESL, computer skills, crafts, volunteer opportunities, social events, and field trips to experience science, nature, and the arts.
Check us out!
Facebook - www.facebook.com/LINCCaresCA
Instagram - @LINC_Cares
Seasons At Redondo Beach109 S. Francisca AvenueRedondo Beach, CA 90277
September 20, 2022
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training