Community Food Drive Volunteer
The Community Food Drive Volunteer provides excellent customer service to Community partners while loading and unloading vehicles in a safe and timely manner at locations throughout the community.
This position plays a vital role in supporting Marion Polk Food Share’s Development Team to increase community engagement and relationships with partners. Volunteers increase our capacity to visit food and fund donation sites at a higher frequency which results in greater donations.
We're looking for volunteers who are:
- Reliable and accurate
- Passionate about the community
- Value excellent customer service
- Have strong communication skills
- Safe driving habits
- Maneuver 100 pounds with assistance
All volunteers must have a valid driver's license, pass a background check, and hold a food handler's card.
09:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Schedule can be flexible
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Marion Polk Food Share
1660 Salem Industrial Drive NE, Salem, OR 97301, US
Our mission is to bring people together to end hunger and its root causes.
Every month, more than 46,000 people - including 15,000 children - will access emergency food through the Marion Polk Food Share partner network. This food may be a hot meal served at a shelter, a free community meal served at a church, or an emergency food box from a food pantry. This nutritious food will help children and adults learn, work, and thrive.
1660 Salem Industrial Drive NESalem, OR 97301
August 9, 2021
- Bus/Van Driving
- Customer Service
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask that volunteers commit to a weekly shift for a period of at least 6 months. Shifts are available Monday through Friday.
- Volunteers will be lifting and moving donated food. Volunteers may maneuver up to 100 pounds with assistance.