1 person is interested
Volunteer CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)
ORGANIZATION: BORLAND FREE CLINIC
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The Borland Free Clinic is the only free clinic in Washington County and the only free clinic that sees both children and adults within Clackamas County. We aim to address the primary care needs of the uninsured and underinsured members of our community, as well as those who are falling through the insurance gap.
A CNA is responsible for assisting the nurse on duty. Position offers a healthcare-directed individual the unique opportunity to receive mentoring from experienced providers.
The CNA should be available on clinic days (Monday and/or Thursday) during clinic hours (3:00-7:00 pm). The CNA should also be able to arrive at the clinic early to prepare for patients and potentially stay after the clinic to finish up documentation with providers.
- Must be already an already-certified CNA. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to provide student pursuing their CNA an opportunity.
- Organized, thorough, accurate and conscientious
- Be able to be compassionate and welcoming towards under-served community members
- Must be willing to learn
- Accompany the nurse during the office visit with the patient and be present for the duration of the vis it
- Locate patient information such as lab tests, prior medical records, demographic information, etc. via the EMR system
- Ensure proper communication between nurses and providers regarding patients
- Assist the provider in navigating the EMR
- The volunteer will be trained on the Athena EMR
- 03:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About BORLAND FREE CLINIC
3550 SW BORLAND RD, TUALATIN, OR 97062, US
To provide hope and healing to vulnerable people in our community as an expression of Christ's love.
Founded in 2012 we are a faith-based free Primary Care Clinic. In 2017 we began offering a CDC-recognized Diabetes Prevention Program and classes for patients struggling to control their diabetes. In 2018 we opened our doors to anyone who does not have insurance or is underinsured seeking medical care. We are run almost entirely by volunteers and do not charge for any of our services. We are the only free medical clinic in our area seeing both adults and children. We are growing rapidly as we seek to provide services to an increasing patient population of Latino, homeless, immigrant and other underserved communities. We offer assistance to those seeking eligibility for Oregon Health Plan and wanting help in locating social services and free medications.
3550 SW Borland RdTualatin, OR 97062
August 5, 2022
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-month commitment, with regularly scheduled shifts.