Disaster Recovery Volunteer - Ross County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
Help Provide Ongoing Support to Those Who Have Experienced Disaster
Disaster Recovery Care volunteers provide help to those affected by disaster. Volunteers in this position assist clients in creating a recovery plan and return a to normal following a disaster whether it is a home fire, flood or other event that has made their home unlivable. In this important role volunteers listen to the needs of the client and help ensure that not only does the client have a plan for recovery but that the client also has the needed resources to move forward.
- Follow-up for clients within 72 hours of the disaster occurring and ongoing follow-up as needed
- Conduct intake and provide financial assistance if needed
- Conduct recovery planning
- Provide internal/external referrals
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy upon request
- Document services given and concerns in the proper American Red Cross platforms
- Willingness to provide services in person or virtually
- Work with community recovery partners to plan for client recovery
- Able to treat clients with care, comfort and concern
- Commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross
- Ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting
- Interest in learning about community resource organizations
- Treat people equitably
- Works effectively with diverse populations
- Comfortable with technology
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- People and relationship building skills
- Ability and willingness to learn Red Cross technology platforms and procedures
- Reliable access to internet and phone connections
Training is provided at no cost.
If interested you can apply by visiting, www.redcross.org/volunteer, scroll down the page, and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check. Be sure to have a photo ID handy (driver's license, passport, visa, state issued ID), you will be asked to upload a picture of it for identification purposes. After your application and background check process, a member of our volunteer screening team will reach out to you via phone/text/email - please be sure to respond!
For questions please contact Rebecca Chandler, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
About American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
Multiple locations Chillicothe, OH 45601
August 31, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment may vary in the position based on area and need - we will work with you to devise a schedule that is mutually agreeable
- Ability to learn and use American Red Cross technology platforms