Blood Drive Helper - Delaware County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
Help Save Lives with Every Shift You Volunteer
Are you a people person?
Do you have a few hours a month to spare?
Are you ready to help save lives?
If you answered yes, then you are the person we are looking for! Volunteer Blood Donor Ambassadors ensure that blood donors have a pleasant and fulfilling experience, from the moment they arrive at to the moment they leave blood drives. The Red Cross collects and distributes about 40% of our nation’s blood supply. When you help create a fulfilling donation experience and encourage donors to make a long-term commitment to regular donations, you improve our ability to meet this critical need.
- Welcome and greet donors
- Manage the flow of donors between the waiting and donation area
- Assist with donor registration
- Confirm donation appointment
- Provide donors with information
- Make reminder calls
- Perform follow up activities as directed
- Serve refreshments and talk to donors after their donation
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area
- Alert blood drive employees if a donor does not appear to be well
- Make sure donor information remains confidential
- Ability and willingness to volunteer in person
- Customer service skills
- Friendly disposition
- Great verbal communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to represent the American Red Cross in the community
- Reliable transportation to shifts
Training is provided at no cost. The Red Cross asks that Blood Donor Ambassadors provide 4-6 hours of service a month (this is about the time that it takes to volunteer at one blood drive).
If interested you can apply by visiting, www.redcross.org/volunteer, scroll down the page, and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check. Be sure to have a photo ID handy (driver's license, passport, visa, state issued ID), you will be asked to upload a picture of it for identification purposes. After your application and background check process, a member of our volunteer screening team will reach out to you via phone/text/email - please be sure to respond!
For questions please contact Rebecca Chandler, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
About American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
Multiple locations Delaware, OH 43015
August 31, 2022
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Help at, at least 1 blood drive a month - which is approximately 4-6 hours a month - you choose the blood drive you register to help at
- Reliable transportation to your shift.