6 people are interested
6 people are interested
Come join our Lighthouse Hospice Volunteer Team!
Lighthouse Hospice's volunteers are provided the preparation and training they need to comfortably and successfully complete their chosen assignments. Some volunteers receive additional training based on their selected area of service. Lighthouse Hospice serves patients in and around the area of Cherry Hill, NJ.
Become a hero on your own terms
On your own time. In your own way. With your personality. Your ability to relate. Your own skills. Your way of solving a problem, sharing a story, helping somebody remember important moments in their lives.
You can be one of our volunteers
When you give us the precious gift of your time and interest, we give you a chance to make a real difference in someone’s life. We train you, find you the right assignment and stand behind you as you grow.
Lighthouse Hospice provides professional care with a personal touch. We accomplish this by focusing on both the patient and their family. We will treat the disease process with medical expertise while emphasizing quality living, not only physically, but also psychosocially, emotionally and spiritually. Comfort, compassion and calming presence are the gifts we bring to this service, and we are honored to walk with the patient and loved ones through this special time. Responsibilities: There are Two Types of Volunteers
- Patient Care Volunteers are part of a patient’s care team. They make home visits to offer companionship for patients and relief for caregivers. Examples of patient care volunteer opportunities include reading to the patient, assisting with a hobby, listening, running errands, or grocery shopping.
- Organizational Volunteers do not work directly with patients and families. Examples of organizational volunteer opportunities include work in our offices to support our care team or help patients and families through indirect support, such as assisting with our Transitions program, creating special memories for holidays, patient birthdays and anniversaries, planting flowers or mowing a yard for a patient that is unable to continue doing so, and helping with other needs of our patients and families.
- Understanding and supportive of hospice philosophy.
- Compassionate person who is accepting and respectful of people's differences.
- Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order, if making patient visits.
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to pass background check requirements.
- Patient Care Volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated prior to volunteering. This is not a requirement for Organizational Volunteers.
To ensure the safety of you, the patients and the family members, we require volunteers to be trained in yearly mandatory in-service on infection control/universal precautions/bloodborne pathogens/COVID-19.
About Lighthouse Hospice
200 Lake Drive East, Suite 205, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002, US
Our mission statement is to provide excellent care to our patients and their families, take care of each other and in doing so we take care of the company
Lighthouse Hospice has been caring for terminally ill people for twenty years. We service patients in Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Cumberland and Salem Counties. We are in need of volunteers in each of these counties and will keep you visiting patients within a 10 mile radius of your home.
HEALTHCAREfirst is proud to provide Lighthouse Hospice with the only 2018 Hospice Honors Elite Award in Southern NJ
Volunteers are the heart of our hospice, providing our patients and their families with their gift of time, offering companionship,and allowing our patients families respite care and support during this most difficult time. We also have administrative opportunities to help our office staff with multiple tasks. No experience is needed, just your warm compassionate heart. Believe me, the smallest amount of time you give means the world to our patients and their families.
Multiple locations Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
August 4, 2021
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training