Sales Agent for Local Non-Profit
The Sales Agent will work closely with the Boutique Sales Manager to manage all aspects of sales efforts of Rukundo International handmade products at craft fairs, events, and various locations in the DMV area. This position will require some local travel in order to sell at a variety of locations.Responsibilities
- Represents Rukundo International at a minimum of four events per year.
- Speaks to the products and mission at above said events selling handmade items (crafts and jewelry)
- Provides accurate receipts for customers, communicates kindly and effectively with all potential customers
- Supports Boutique Sales Manager to organize inventory before, during, and after sales events
- Supports Executive Director with new jewelry and craft inventory, helping to log, photograph, and record determined prices for products
- Conducts in-person sales and helps track sales online through the Rukundo International Website
- Works with the Communications Team for the development of any materials or communications to product sales activities as requested by the Boutique Sales Manager
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a week
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Boutique Sales Manager, as well as responsive to emails.Qualifications
- Passion for helping underserved communities and selling beautiful, handmade items
- Excellent people skills
- Understanding of financial management and ability to keep organized sales records
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
- Resident of the DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virginia, within 30 miles of Washington, D.C.)
- Preferred: bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related field
- Preferred: Experience with sales.
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.
9601 Shadow Oak DriveGaithersburg, MD 20886
August 2, 2021
- Sales Marketing
- Sales Process
- Retail / Sales
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours/week for 1 year