10 people are interested
Boutique Sales Manager for Local Non-Profit
ORGANIZATION: RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
The Boutique Sales Manager (BSM) is responsible for all business aspects involved in Rukundo International’s partnerships with businesses who agree to sell Rukundo International’s handmade products. The BSM curates collections for sales, manages orders, and works to research, establish, and build business partnerships.Responsibilities
- Develops a list of target business, with which to seek activities and partnerships for handmade craft and jewelry sales
- Conducts outreach and, in collaboration with the Director of Development and Executive Director, establishes sales prices for products
- Maintains meticulous records of business agreements and works to ensure supply is created and delivered to the businesses for sale in accordance with all established agreements
- Work closely with the Director of Development and Executive Director in seeking additional locations and activities at which Rukundo International’s Sales Volunteers can sell products.
- Maintains schedules of above referenced events and activities and ensures enough volunteers are available at each event to sell products for Rukundo’s fundraising efforts.
- Supports the Director of Development in developing an annual action plan for craft and jewelry sales, including short and long-term planning
- Evaluates and monitors existing programs and activities, and communicates assessments to the Director of Development
- Nurtures relationships with existing boutique and business partners
- Develops, maintains, and promotes a positive and professional relationship with the general public, in alignment with the mission of Rukundo International
- Works with the Communications Team for the development of any materials or communications to support product sales activities
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a week
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Director of Development and Executive Director, as well as responsive to emails.Qualifications
- Passion for helping underserved communities and marketing products
- Excellent sales and oral communication skills
- Understanding of financial management and ability to keep organized sales records
- Organized and good time management skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Experienced with public speaking
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
- Resident of the DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virginia, within 30 miles of Washington, D.C.)
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related field
- Preferred: experience with non-profit fundraising and/or outreach activities and/or experience with sales.
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.
9601 Shadow Oak DriveGaithersburg, MD 20886
September 19, 2023
- Sales Process
- Retail / Sales
- Sales Marketing
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours/month for 1 year