1 person is interested
Development and Communication Internship
1 person is interested
Kid Power, Inc. inspires youth leadership by promoting academic advancement, physical and emotional wellness, and positive civic engagement in underserved communities throughout the District of Columbia. We provide this support through our free afterschool enrichment program that offers homework help in addition to enrichment lessons focused on a range of topics from health and wellness to STEM.
We are currently looking for highly motivated development and communications interns interested in nonprofit strategy and growth, marketing, philanthropy, and youth development. The Development and Communications Interns will work directly with the Director of Development. Interns will be encouraged to participate in planning meetings and contribute their ideas to marketing and communications initiatives. The ideal candidate is a strong writer, detail-oriented, creative communicator, self-starter, and multi-tasker that can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Create content to support development and communication needs, including social media and newsletters.
- Support individual and monthly donor communication, acknowledgments, and stewardship efforts.
- Organize and compile donor and prospect data in the organization database.
- Assist with research and outreach to prospective corporate partners, sponsors, and individuals.
- Assist with all special event planning that includes outreach for in-kind donations, auction items, and corporate sponsorship, as well as graphic design support for marketing.
- Attend Kid Power programming school sites weekly (remote or in-person).
- Research new sources of grant funding.
- General office administrative and other tasks as assigned.
We are very flexible on the start and end dates, hours, and internship length. Please be clear in your cover letter about your availability.
Please email resume, cover letter, and availability to Martina Arnold, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org .
NOTE: Interns must live in DC, MD, or VA.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Kid Power, Inc.
400 E St. SW, Washington, DC, DC 20024, US
Kid Power Inc. is a non-profit organization that inspires youth leadership by promoting academic advancement, physical and emotional wellness, and positive civic engagement in underserved communities throughout the District of Columbia.
Kid Power is the only nonprofit expanded learning program that operates four interconnected programs that address the academic, social, and health needs facing DC youth. Each year, Kid Power helps hundreds of youth succeed academically, empowers them to become engaged leaders and responsible citizens, and fosters healthy living through school gardens. Our programs include comprehensive, innovative, approaches that engage students, resulting in achieved academic proficiency, positive social-emotional growth, and increased civic engagement through evidenced-based strategies such as hands-on instruction, mentorship and small group instruction, school-day alignment, family engagement, and differentiated instruction and preparation for career and life.
Kid Power’s free programs serve 1,600 students attending the District of Columbia Public Schools.
400 E St. SWWashington, DC 20024
July 30, 2021
- Youth Services
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training
- We are very flexible on the start and end dates, we will need at least 10 hours a week. Please be clear in your cover letter about your availability.