1 person is interested
1 person is interested
Are you an art student, professional artist, or an individual who is highly skilled in art and wanting to make a positive difference in someone's life? Become one of ECHO's Art Therapy volunteers! Hospice patients are nearing the end of their lives and often due to their medical conditions have no creative expression available to them. Help provide them with a creative outlet for expressing themselves.
The role of the art therapy volunteer is a special one where he/she will visit a patient's home to get to know them and will create a special work of art in-person for the patient and/or their family. This art piece will be something unique and personal for the patient and their families to treasure forever. The art piece could be whatever the patient wants...perhaps a sketch of their favorite animal, a drawing of a dream they once had, a watercolor of their favorite place, or an ink drawing of a special memory. Bring comfort and joy to the life of a hospice patient by sharing your artistic gift! General hospice orientation will be provided prior to patient contact.
* Visit patients at their homes to create custom works of art for them in-person
* Be skilled in some form of art (drawing, painting, sketching, etc.)
* Comfortable with end of life journeys
* 18 years or older
* Valid driver's license and auto insurance
* Must be able to complete minimum of 25 hours of volunteering within first 90 days
* Must be able to pass background check, drug test, and TB test
* Must be willing to complete Volunteer Orientation training
About ECHO Hospice of Indiana, LLC
2901 Carlson Drive, Suite 314, Hammond, IN 46323, US
The mission of Echo Hospice is to bring hope, support and life enriching care to those who face life's end. "Life is an echo. What you send out comes back. Radiate and give love and compassion, and love and compassion will return to you."
Volunteers play a vital role in hospice care. They can provide companionship and help with activities that may enhance quality of life while bringing true joy to patients facing terminal illnesses. Volunteers are important and may help ease the burdens associated with end-of-life care for families and loved ones. While Volunteers provide companionship to patients, they can be of great support to their families. We also have other volunteer opportunities available in our programs such as, our Expressions Art Therapy, Pawsitive Pals Pet Therapy, or Music Therapy.
"The world is hugged by the faithful arms of Volunteers"-Terri Guillemets
*No prior medical knowledge is necessary.
2901 Carlson DriveSuite 314Hammond, IN 46323
July 29, 2021
- Visual Arts
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As scheduled. Must be able to complete minimum of 25 hours of volunteering within first 90 days.
- Background check, Drug testing, and TB skin testing will be provided free of charge