Volunteer Handlers with Certified Therapy Pets
ECHO Hospice is seeking individuals with their own Certified Therapy pets. Please note that ECHO Hospice is not a facility. The role of a therapy pet volunteer would be to make visits to the patient's location and spend an hour or more with them. This will allow the patient to experience the therapeutic relief only a therapy pet can bring. General hospice orientation will be provided prior to making patient contact.
- Visit Hospice care patients living in their own homes, assisted living facilities, or skilled nursing facilities
- Provide patients with positive interactions with an animal that will bring emotional comfort
- Be both an engaged, compassionate visitor and responsible animal handler
- Must have your own certified therapeutic pet
- Reliable and punctual
- Patient, compassionate, and easygoing
- Must be aged 18 or older
- Must have a valid drivers license and auto insurance
- Must be able to pass background check and a drug test
- Must be able to complete minimum of 25 hours of volunteering within first 90 days
- Bilingual a plus
*Please note your pet must be a "Certified" pet.*
About ECHO Hospice of Indiana, LLC
2901 Carlson Drive, Suite 314, Hammond, IN 46323, US
The mission of Echo Hospice is to bring hope, support and life enriching care to those who face life's end. "Life is an echo. What you send out comes back. Radiate and give love and compassion, and love and compassion will return to you."
Volunteers play a vital role in hospice care. They can provide companionship and help with activities that may enhance quality of life while bringing true joy to patients facing terminal illnesses. Volunteers are important and may help ease the burdens associated with end-of-life care for families and loved ones. While Volunteers provide companionship to patients, they can be of great support to their families. We also have other volunteer opportunities available in our programs such as, our Expressions Art Therapy, Pawsitive Pals Pet Therapy, or Music Therapy.
"The world is hugged by the faithful arms of Volunteers"-Terri Guillemets
*No prior medical knowledge is necessary.
2901 Carlson DriveSuite 314Hammond, IN 46323
July 29, 2021
- Mental Health
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As scheduled. Must be able to complete minimum of 25 hours of volunteering within first 90 days.
- Pet must be certified. Background check, drug test, and TB testing will be provided.