Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Our Special Events Coordinator is instrumental in sharing and celebrating the JAARS Bible translation experience on our campus with our church partners, our spiritual family, and our communities, and those interested in exploring engagement with JAARS.
This role will organize, plan, coordinate and deliver 3-5 special, large-scale Engagement events that occur yearly on the JAARS Campus. This role will build and lead an appropriate team to coordinate required support functions and facilities for these events and will be the primary Engagement resource for smaller ad-hoc events on-campus or in remote sites.
- Build working teams that plan and coordinate complex, large attendance and high exposure events (like a JAARS Day), including, but not limited to, resource assistance from AV/Tech, Guest Services, Facilities, Transportation, Food Services and Engagement to assure all needed support and coordination from the entire staff for each event
- Prepare the event’s project management needs by understanding various department contributions and effective ways to blend the department’s contributions to deliver the assigned event
- Act as an effective spokesperson for a team or organization view, build a trusting and connective relationship with the individual or departments
- Set clear goals and expectations for events, tracking progress of the goals, ensure feedback and address performance problems and issues promptly
- Work in coordination with various departments to best plan the timing of all events on the JAARS Campus
- Coordinate needed planning/promotion for all JAARS Engagement special events on our campus and, as possible, the same for remote events
- Participate in these events to make sure they are done with excellence and make changes in planning/coordination as needed
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Degree in Hospitality, Program Management, Events Planning, Facilities Management or related discipline desired and/or comparable related experience
- Ability to perform the listed duties above with demonstrated, detailed project planning and coordinating skills for large-scale events and activities; experience with project management tools (i.e. Trello, Monday, MS Project Management, etc.) is desirable
- Experience in blending work teams and individuals together to accomplish complicated multi-tasking activities
- Effective in responding to objections in a constructive manner; able to persevere through unexpected changes and challenges to collaboration and cooperation from others needing to do tasks outside their normal responsibilities
- Ability to cast vision and motivate others well
- Ability to collaborate with leaders, teams and staff in Engagement and across JAARS to gather outside assistance and promotion of each event, as needed
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
September 20, 2021
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- People 55+
- Background Check