2 people are interested
Social Work Instructor
2 people are interested
Our new initiative Generation-Z project is a program designed to empower under-resourced high school students to unlock their potential while gaining access to new careers.
We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled volunteers to provide introductory courses and training on Social Work to our high school students (10 - 12). This course will introduce our students to the Social Work career.
- Draft a curriculum for this program that covers the broad field of Social Work, with an overview of the history, development of the profession and of social welfare in the US. Exploration of ideology, values and ethics to the profession, fields of practice, and issues of professionalism.
- Conduct weekly classes to our High School students
- Assist in developing and monitoring program goals and objectives for learning.
- Adopt interactive teaching techniques to help students understand the course.
- Engage with students and constantly monitor their progress
- Evaluate the progress of the students and report it to the supervisor.
- Be in constant communication with the parents and supervisors regarding the student’s progress.
- Attend departmental, interdepartmental, professional and community based meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience as a Social worker or related designation
- Prior experience in teaching and working with students
- Professional educator/social worker license is a preferred
- Excellent communication, planning, organizing and problem solving skills.
Hours and commitment:
- Volunteers will be required to work for 8 - 10 hours a week for a minimum of 3 months.
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International
3640 White Plains Road, Bronx, NY 10469, US
I'RAISE mission is to raise, empower, and inspire minority youth to experience success and progress in all areas of their lives and to become successful leaders through raising and increasing self-esteem and self-worth.
- Mental Health Programs- Child & Youth Psychotherapy, Group Counseling, Art Therapy, Play Therapy
- Education Programs -College Impact Program, Genesis Tutoring Program
- After School Programs- Sports & Arts Afterschool (Basketball, football, dance, music, fine arts, chess, cheerleading),
- Community Performing Arts Program - Dance and Theater
- Mentoring - One-on-one or Group Mentoring
- Youth Self Care- Cosmetology program
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 26, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Case Work / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work