Donor Appreciation Coordinator
Donor Appreciation Coordinator
Making North Texas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Donor Appreciation Coordinator, you'll help Dallas Pets Alive! express our appreciation towards our donors by crafting thoughtful thank-you notes.
To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application at https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: Development Director along with the Executive Director.
Works with: This role will require collaboration with the Development Team, including the Development Director along with the Executive Director who will take on certain levels of this function. The role will also interact with our donors!
- Writing thoughtful thank-you notes in the form of email or handwritten card within 24-48 hours of receiving a donation
- Volunteer will have access to our donor database
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- Flexible schedule to stay on top of all thank-you notes within the 24-48 hour timeframe required
- Great penmanship for handwritten thank-you notes required
- Access to postal service, ability to regularly send out thank-you notes using this method
- Must be reliable and responsive, willing to collaborate with teammates such as our Executive Director in order to get the job done
- Experience as a volunteer with a rescue/animal welfare organization and/or working with donors a plus
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information and learn on how you can become a partner in rescuing animals.
Instagram & Twitter: @dallaspetsalive
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 16, 2021