Recruitment Coordinator (Virtual)
Recruitment Coordinator (Virtual)
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As our Recruitment Coordinator, you'll be involved in acquainting our new volunteers to our organization through our recruitment and orientation program. The orientation is a highly visible effort across our entire organization and will allow you to guide our new volunteers and ensure they have a pawsome start to their experience!
***To be considered, please complete our official volunteer application at https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: This role reports to the Assistant Director of Recruitment along with the Volunteer Director.
Works with: This role will have frequent contact with members of the Volunteer Team to include our Assistant Director of Volunteer Operations and project team members. Will also interact with an array of volunteers across all teams at DPA!
- Help drive orientation for new volunteers, responsibilities to include:
- Managing orientation signups using Zoom and GMail (sending reminder emails, tracking attendance, sending follow-up emails)
- Coordinating guest speakers (who are more often than not, members of our Leadership team)
- Managing content (updating slide deck, creating guest speaker slides)
- Participating in a rotating schedule to include orientation presenting and being on call for technical support
- Suggesting new ideas to engage volunteers and continuously improve the sessions
- As time allows, assist with ad-hoc projects to attract more volunteers to our openings (flexible in nature, mainly consist of seeking new posting/sourcing opportunities)
- Supporting with posting open volunteer opportunities on an as-needed basis
- Must have HS diploma/equivalent or higher degree of education
- Interest and/or experience in Human Resources and Talent Acquisition/Recruiting a plus
- Proficiency with use of Gmail and Google applications (Google Sheets, Slides, Docs, and Hangouts)
- Ability to work within deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Curiosity to learn and a willingness to think outside the box and go against the status quo
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 3-4 hours per week (flexible, logging on as you have time).
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information and learn on how you can become a partner in rescuing animals.
Instagram & Twitter: @dallaspetsalive
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 21, 2021
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: 3-4 hours per week (flexible, logging on as you have time).