2 people are interested
Gain non-profit experience by being an Event Planner
2 people are interested
Event Planner Lead (In-person/virtual)
CDC social distancing guidelines
Assist the Development team with planning fundraising events. Takes a leadership role in planning the logistics of event execution.
- Take a leadership role in planning logistics of Red Cross special events.
- Supervise event volunteers
- Assist with event execution, including working with event venue, caterer, coordinating auction, volunteer support and community outreach.
- Cultivate, solicit and steward Red Cross support through donated auction items, ticket sales and sponsorship opportunities.
- Prepare the event program in a timely manner, including developing scripts for event presenters.
- Coordinate all day-of logistics, including timeline, supervising event volunteers, and more.
- May chair nomination committee at a Real Heroes Breakfast. Duties may include contacting nominator and nominee for Heroes Award; gathering story and contact information; and maintaining spreadsheet to track nominations.
- May chair auction committee at a Gala. Duties may include working closely with Relationship Managers; soliciting businesses for in-kind auction donations; maintaining spreadsheet of donations; sending thank you letters; and coordinating day-of auction logistics.
Be available to attend events during business hours and on occasional evenings and weekends; event shifts
may range in time from 1-4 hours
- Skilled at multi-tasking
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to plan, organize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to coordinate and organize multiple functions and activities and work with extremely tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
2912 S 80th AveOmahaOmaha, NE 68124
July 21, 2021
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Driver's License Needed