3 people are interested
Lead Event Organizer Volunteer
3 people are interested
Northwest Neighbors Network hosts a variety of social and outreach events and is looking for a lead event organizer to help us keep organized! Do you have a knack for keeping track of several things at once? Do you enjoy helping people be successful in executing events? We would love your help!
- Be the point of contact for all social and outreach event hosts
- Compile and organize materials needed for events to be given to hosts
- Track attendance at events through sign up sheets that hosts put in kits
- Communicate events through social media posts and create e-blast blurbs to be sent out
- Add all events to NNN calendar on website and Facebook
- Gather and analyze feedback from social and outreach activities and communicate to Outreach and Social committee chairs any need for changes
- Communicate regularly with Outreach and Social Committee chairs to review upcoming events and activities (quarterly or as needed)
About Northwest Neighbors Network
NNN’s mission is to help seniors age well in their own homes by providing services and events.
NNN is one of several hundred virtual villages across the U.S. that help seniors age well in their own homes by providing volunteer services and events. NNN serves residents in north King County (Shoreline and Lake Forest Park) and south Snohomish County (Edmonds, Brier, Woodway, Lynnwood, and Mountlake Terrace).
As a volunteer-run organization, NNN’s volunteers really are the backbone of our organization!
About NORTHWEST NEIGHBORS NETWORK
15214 AURORA AVE NORTH, SHORELINE, WA 98133, US
To promote a thriving intergenerational network of community volunteers and vetted support services that helps aging Northwest neighbors stay living in the comfort of their homes and participate in enriching social, educational and wellness activities.
The local communities of Shoreline, Lake Forest Park, Edmonds, Mountlake Terrace, Lynnwood and Brier are among the multitude that are forming or have formed Aging-In-Place Villages worldwide. Northwest Neighbors Network is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation created using the model already in place in Northeast Seattle (N.E.S.T), Greenwood (PNA Village) and Capitol Hill (Wider Horizons) to help older adults (60+) remain in their homes and communities as they age. Village members pay dues, so the model becomes largely self-supporting once fully established. We are especially in need of volunteers in the key areas of member recruitment and retention, fundraising, forming strategic partnerships with businesses, and technical support. We are also looking for Board members with experience in the non-profit sector and providing services to seniors. To support or growing membership base, we're seeking enthusiastic volunteers for everything from running errands to handyman tasks to organizing social events, you name it!
P.O. Box 293Edmonds, WA 98020
September 14, 2021
- Program Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours/month