3 people are interested
Social Media Assistant
3 people are interested
Healing TREE is currently seeking a Social Media Assistant who would work alongside our CEO and VP of Social Media on our Board of Directors (who has an Instagram following of 91.6K) who would oversee this position's tasks. Skills needed are:
- Experienced with posting (and scheduling posts) and engage on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Familiar using Canva, etc. to make basic graphics (we have a Social Media Design Assistant who can help with this)
- Willing to do research finding appropriate posts to re-post and articles to share (we will share solid resources, authors, etc. to go off of). Knowledge about / interest in healing trauma a huge plus.
We have a close knit, supportive, encouraging team made up of our CEO, additional support team members, Board of Directors and Volunteers who work together to achieve our mission which we're all so passionate about.
Actively seeking BIPOC and queer candidates.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Healing TREE
974 BRECKINRIDGE LANE, #104, LOUISVILLE, KY 40207, US
Our Mission: Healing TREE (Trauma Resources, Education & Empowerment) advocates healing from abuse & trauma rather than coping with the symptoms, in order to transform lives &, ultimately, society. We achieve this by providing trauma-focused resources & education & by producing & partnering with relevant film, television, & theatre, empowering the social change necessary to create a healing movement. The Issue: Leading studies show that trauma (both interpersonal and systemic) is a public health crisis & the root cause of many of society's toughest problems: mental & physical illness, addiction, crime, domestic violence, homelessness & suicide. Effective treatments are available but there is a lack of integration between the trauma, mental health & med. fields & of general awareness on the issue. We exist to change that so that healing from trauma becomes the new normal. Location: Based in Louisville, KY but a nat’l organization - most team members serve our mission virtually!
About Us Video: https://youtu.be/9smyn2QzzVo
Our History: Healing TREE was founded in 2014 by actor Marissa Ghavami, her former therapist and her mother following her own experience suffering severe abuse, trauma & ultimately finding healing from Complex PTSD thanks to trauma-focused treatment.
Our Goal: Our vision is to make healing from abuse & trauma, rather than coping with the symptoms, the new normal, effectively addressing the root of society’s toughest problems.
Highlighted Programs & Accomplishments:
- Our Approved Care Network is the first national directory of vetted, trauma-focused providers.
- We bring internationally recognized trauma experts to local mental health practitioners to train them in EMDR with life-saving results.
- Our short film Silk sparks college campus conversations about the warning signs of insidious forms of abuse & trauma & what to do about them.
- We have partnered with some of the biggest names in the trauma field: Dr. Bessel van der Kolk’s team at the Trauma Center at JRI, NCTSN, Dr. Peter Levine, Dr. David Grand & Dr. Jamie Marich.
- We have actors from Broadway, Film & TV (Charlie Baker "Skinny Pete" from Breaking Bad, Emily Althaus "Kukudio" from Orange Is the New Black, Rodney Hicks from the Original Broadway cast of RENT & many more) as Artist Advocates.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 25, 2021
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours per week